collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 373
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Max V  (Read 16738 times)

Offline Alianora La Canta

Re: Max V
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2018, 11:22:32 AM »
I don't think there's a demotion path available to Max, the way there was for Daniil. The reason he was promoted when he was in the first place was because Max and Franz Tost managed to have a spectacular falling-out in China 2016 which pretty much resulted in Max being barred from further participation in the team.

It would likely take more than one further incident (unless it was a spectacular one) for Red Bull to consider sacking Max. However, if it does, I think Max will be put in a Red Bull seat outside F1 or be obliged to freelance his way back in. (Mercedes and Ferrari have Ocon and Leclerc respectively who are ahead of him in certain critical qualities, Renault's fragmented scheme would probably prefer Rowland at this point and Max never had the diplomacy to become a Honda junior driver).
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2018, 01:48:00 PM »
Well Alia that leaves Force India as the best seat for Max next season if Red Bull sack him.  :D
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Calman

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2018, 07:23:21 PM »
I get the impression that Max and Horner barely talk.  I can't recall the last moment I saw them together on film.  Max runs to Marko whether he has a problem or does well. 

Maybe the rumours of Horner leaving the team have a little something to do with Max and the support he has within the team on other fronts.

I think in some way, Christian now realises that Mad Max is not the star pupil he was looking likely to be and that clearly all his incidents are creating heat from various commanding controllers within RBR.  Back in the day, it appeared that Christian looked after Seb, while Danny Ric just got on with the job (outperforming Seb here and there).   However, since Mad Max has turned into a wrecking machine, Christian appears to have Danny Ric's back, more than he did in the last few seasons!

All the best,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2018, 08:58:23 AM »
Well Alia that leaves Force India as the best seat for Max next season if Red Bull sack him.  :D

Could he please not? (Besides, I think George Russell has baggsied that spot, if there's a vacancy).

PS: For anyone new to GP Wizard: I am a big fan of Force India and no fan at all of Max...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2018, 03:45:38 PM »
If there is one thing that Force India has learned the hard way, it is never, Never, NEVER get a driver who likes to play bumper cars with his team mate.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2018, 07:17:17 PM »
Yes, and FIF1 finally handled it properly, R/B has not.
Lonny

Offline Warmwater

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2018, 02:00:42 AM »
I want to apply for a job as a designer for Red Bull....
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.” ― Mario Andretti.

Offline Tiger1924

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2018, 12:03:49 PM »
Yes I agree that Max has made a few mistakes but he's young and will gain experience. He's still a good driver who brings fun & excitement to the race which is what we want, let's face it if all the drivers were like Hamilton it would be as dull as ditch water 😴😴

Online Dare

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2018, 12:16:58 PM »
Yes I agree that Max has made a few mistakes but he's young and will gain experience. He's still a good driver who brings fun & excitement to the race which is what we want, let's face it if all the drivers were like Hamilton it would be as dull as ditch water 😴😴

And if all the drivers were like Max we'd have no cars
finishing the races and way less viewers
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2018, 12:26:49 PM »
First of all Welcome Tiger, good to see you posting in topics as well.  :good:

I agree with most of what you say but have to stop short on your Lewis comment. Spoiled rich playboy image off track may be levelled at him; but Lewis can still turn on the speed, precision, skill and racecraft like few others.

Surely that's what we watch F1 for.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 12:30:48 PM by John S »
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2018, 02:34:06 PM »
Welcome to GP Wizard, Tiger1924, and on the point of personality I do agree - we need 20 different drivers, not 20 clones of anyone. (Also, this is a forum which has, perhaps, a higher degree of scepticism about the attractiveness of Lewis' personality than average*). And when Max drives well, it is exciting.

* - You will also find I tend to waffle on a bit sometimes...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2018, 07:01:31 PM »
Howdy, Tiger! Welcome to GP Wizard. Glad to have you here.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2018, 08:38:45 PM »
Welcome Tiger!  Your opinions as a fan are absolutely welcome here, but might not always be shared  ;) ;). I think Max can be exciting, but I question the 'fun' part.  :P
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Calman

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2018, 12:55:05 AM »
Well ... after a little "handbag moment" in Qualy, it's nice to say that, for once, Max was actually 'in the right'.  Don't get me wrong, I do like Danny Ric, but that was all a bit of a verbal spat in the playground and could have easily been avoided, as the RBR rules of alternative weekends are very clear!!

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Scott

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2018, 08:40:58 AM »
There’s more going on than meets they eye.  Austria has time for 3 runs vs the typical 2.  DR was ok leading 2, but wanted a chance on the third.  That’s the surface excuse anyway, but don’t forget how the team has been treating him in the press, saying of course he will stay, but not at any cost...blah blah.  There is surely something intense going on behind the scenes for DR to behave that way.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle