collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 351
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Max V  (Read 16740 times)

Offline Alianora La Canta

Re: Max V
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2018, 08:25:03 PM »
The other issue is that Daniel was promised a tow (off Magnussen) after the previous run, according to Christian Horner. After the maths didn't work out and Magnussen was too far to use, it looks like Daniel opted to make his own tow!

Between that, and Max understandably believing he was also due a tow (from Ricciardo) and it's easy to see how the whole gnarled mess happened. Clearly Kevin was supposed to telepathically get the memo and sacrifice his own team's qualifying results to help out the beleaguered Bulls...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 08:28:58 PM by Alianora La Canta »
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

guest3164

« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2018, 09:10:31 PM »
Seems fair enough to expect a Ferrari customer team to go out of their way to aid Red Bull's qualifying.  Seems odd that anything could go wrong with that plan!

Still, Max had a very good drive today, a mature race from him. 

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2018, 10:29:14 PM »
Agreed. Even this non-fan had to agree that Max put in an excellent performance today.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

Online Dare

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2018, 10:29:38 PM »
Seems fair enough to expect a Ferrari customer team to go out of their way to aid Red Bull's qualifying.  Seems odd that anything could go wrong with that plan!

Most drivers won't even help their own teammates,why
would they help another team? I was hoping Max's tires
would let go and Kimi got the win.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Online Dare

« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2018, 10:30:30 PM »
Agreed. Even this non-fan had to agree that Max put in an excellent performance today.
[/quote

He did but I'm not gonna admit it
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2018, 10:31:13 PM »
Me either Dare
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Scott

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2018, 10:33:00 PM »
Besides, Max inherited the race...he only made one pass.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2018, 03:33:58 AM »

Most drivers won't even help their own teammates,why
would they help another team? I was hoping Max's tires
would let go and Kimi got the win.

Me three. Still, Max nursed a very ratty looking set of rears for a long time. Gotta give credit for controlling the race.
Lonny

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2018, 08:57:08 AM »
Besides, Max inherited the race...he only made one pass.

Yeah and that was a bump to pass move.  ::)
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2018, 10:03:46 AM »
Did you see the post race press conference?

Max:  Bumping is good for F1
Seb:  What?  Bumping is good for F1?

:DD :DD

I loved watching the facial expressions of the three of them.  Seb reacted to every comment with a little grin, an eye roll or some sort of body language.  The other two looked like they were staring at trees while Seb talked.  Max's eyes are freakishly non stop shifting the entire time.  In interviews as well.

Online Dare

« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2018, 01:23:43 PM »
Too bad in his bump and pass he didn't lose a wing and
shred a tire. I didn't hear the bumping is good comment.
They need to add a polygraph machine when interviewing
Max.....your comment is deceptive  ;)

« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2018, 05:38:28 PM »
I'm sure Max believes bumping is good, he drives most races as if he was in British Touring Cars! (Hint: he's not).
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

Offline Calman

« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2018, 12:58:28 AM »
Apparently, this is Sir Jackie's recent review on Mad Max ...

"British racing legend Jackie Stewart has praised Red Bull driver Max Verstappen for “rejuvenating” Formula 1."

Surely, we can only agree with this statement to a point, but not necessarily in a good way all around (race craft and poor conduct at times) ??

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2018, 03:07:32 AM »
Apparently, this is Sir Jackie's recent review on Mad Max ...

"British racing legend Jackie Stewart has praised Red Bull driver Max Verstappen for “rejuvenating” Formula 1."

Surely, we can only agree with this statement to a point, but not necessarily in a good way all around (race craft and poor conduct at times) ??

Best Regards,

While Jackie is certainly famous for his part in bringing safety to F1, he's always known what side the butter goes on.

Max is bringing attention to the sport in the same way that Michael Schumacher and Fernando Alonso did.  They all had huge fan bases 'at home' who paid to come watch F1, buy F1 swag etc. 

As 'serious' F1 fans we don't want to see a grid of 24 Mad Max's, but one or two does keep things interesting.  It doesn't appear any of the other 'up and coming' talent has the same attitude, so the sport will survive both because of, and despite Max.

Offline Calman

« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2018, 05:34:31 AM »
Very good post Jericoke!!

Of course, we never want to tame 90% of what Max brings on track, but most neutrals are beginning to have an issue with his attitude here and there.  I know, it's no different to many greats before him, but I do hope he matures, as far as his character is concerned, while erasing a couple of those "push the boat out" incidents on track.

I generally enjoy watching him race and agree that he does bring a new edge to 'race days' ... I would just like to see him tidy up a couple of rough edges.  We can't refer to him as the "new boy" any more, so all the usual comments on letting him mature and grow up as a person, well, those comments don't carry as much weight in the last 12 months. 

On the same token, I would like to see a couple of drivers step into the dark side and grow some *cough* ... horns!! ... let's see how they all play in 2019.

Best Regards,
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle