collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 378
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Baku Grand Prix  (Read 7347 times)

Offline lkjohnson1950

Re: Baku Grand Prix
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2018, 12:11:29 PM »
Now Marko says they were both to blame. Both must apologise to the team.

http://www.f1i.com/news/302209-both-red-bull-drivers-at-fault-says-unhappy-marko.html

When will someone take Little Maxie aside and tell him to grow up?
When will R/B wise up and tell Marko to take a walk?
Lonny

Online Jericoke

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2018, 03:36:38 PM »
Despite the obvious disgust of Newey and the equally obvious anger of Horner The Red Bull Team official stance is no one was at fault.  :fool: :fool: :fool: :fool:

Intra team things really should be handled behind closed doors.  Max and Ricciardo know exactly what Horner et al think about what happened.  Good on RBR for not hanging their dirty laundry in public.

Seeing how they race in Spain (cautious, aggressive) will give us our best window into what RBR brass thinks.  I personally suspect Max will double down on doing whatever the **** he wants just to prove he's his own man.  Ricciardo will know that swallowing your pride and doing what's best for the team is how you get hired by a top top team.

Offline Calman

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2018, 05:24:45 PM »
Spot On Luke!!!

The wheel banging early on should have been warning enough.  It was inevitable that the duo were destined to make contact at some point or other.  You would think that when they touched wheels, the team would have jumped onto a "Plan B" for one of their drivers' pit stops, simply to put distance between the two drivers, without costing them track position over race distance.

I know, easier said than done, but surely some adapted race plan could have been exercised to avoid a collision between teammates?

All the best,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2018, 11:15:35 PM »
I'm still waiting for a reasonable explanation of how Max retook the position from Danny Ric at the pit stops before the blue on blue shunt. :DntKnw:
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2018, 12:35:48 AM »
Danny pitted on lap 37 while Max made his in lap on warm tires. Max came in on lap 38 while Danny made his out lap on cold tires. Max's in lap was faster than Danny's out lap by a large enough margin to get him ahead.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2018, 01:36:56 AM »
Niki thinks that Max & Danny should have to pay for the damages. Yeah, right, that's going to happen.  :confused:

http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/niki-lauda-says-daniel-ricciardo-max-verstappen-should-pay-crash-damages
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2018, 12:50:35 PM »
Danny pitted on lap 37 while Max made his in lap on warm tires. Max came in on lap 38 while Danny made his out lap on cold tires. Max's in lap was faster than Danny's out lap by a large enough margin to get him ahead.

But if that is the explanation RBR would have known Max would get an overcut so they were obviously favouring Max although Danny RIC was the lead car.
Just maybe that's why DR took the extra risk to pass Max because he felt stuffed by the team after all his efforts over many laps to get ahead of Max.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Calman

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2018, 05:23:20 PM »
Just maybe that's why DR took the extra risk to pass Max because he felt stuffed by the team after all his efforts over many laps to get ahead of Max.

Hmm, possibly.  Even when Christian repeatedly informs us that each driver has the support and equal attention from the team, you now have to wonder.  It's a tough call for RBR, as obviously Max is still a risk behind the wheel (regardless of his obvious talent).   Danny Ric's negotiations is a sticky issue on his side of the garage, so who at this stage, are RBR actually favouring as their future "No.1" driver???

All the best,

Offline Scott

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2018, 06:19:18 PM »
It will be interesting to see where Danny Ric ends up next year.  My guess is that his management is putting feelers out and accepting meetings.

Having a dram in Oban...we skipped Skye - something to do with my wife and a bit better weather.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Calman

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2018, 06:32:31 PM »
It will be interesting to see where Danny Ric ends up next year.  My guess is that his management is putting feelers out and accepting meetings.

Having a dram in Oban...we skipped Skye - something to do with my wife and a bit better weather.

Yes, I am sure that Danny's management team are licking several other team officials in the ear (which trying to dissolve the shunt last weekend - not the best negotiation point of interest).

Oban, nice little historic town, but can't believe you passed on hopping up to Skye ... that's a crime, even on a wet, misty, cold day!!!    |-( |-(

All the best,

guest3164

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2018, 06:36:47 PM »
... that's a crime, even on a wet, misty, cold day!!!    |-( |-(

All the best,

That's a fine, Scottish summer's day, isn't it? 

(I say that as someone whose father was Scottish!) 

Offline Calman

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2018, 06:54:33 PM »
... that's a crime, even on a wet, misty, cold day!!!    |-( |-(

All the best,

That's a fine, Scottish summer's day, isn't it? 

(I say that as someone whose father was Scottish!)

Luke, for your information, Scotland can experience a fine, long, hot summer.  Summer in Scotland typically starts on June 24th at 2:35pm ... and lasts until June 24th up to 2:48pm!!  :DD

In all seriousness, I obtained a pretty convincing sun tan two years ago when visiting The Kelpies and Falkirk Wheel ... so probably a high of 28/29c (not bad considering our highs here in the valley are 37/38c).

All the best,

guest3164

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2018, 07:46:04 PM »
Luke, for your information, Scotland can experience a fine, long, hot summer.  Summer in Scotland typically starts on June 24th at 2:35pm ... and lasts until June 24th up to 2:48pm!!  :DD

In all seriousness, I obtained a pretty convincing sun tan two years ago when visiting The Kelpies and Falkirk Wheel ... so probably a high of 28/29c (not bad considering our highs here in the valley are 37/38c).

All the best,

If I am being entirely fair, I went to Edinburgh for Hogmanay a couple of years ago and it was warmer there than Cambridgeshire when I left the house.  The only thing was the wind blowing from the North Sea. 

I had no luck on a childhood summer holiday though, it did actually snow  :D

Offline Calman

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2018, 02:01:50 AM »

All the best,

If I am being entirely fair, I went to Edinburgh for Hogmanay a couple of years ago and it was warmer there than Cambridgeshire when I left the house.  The only thing was the wind blowing from the North Sea. 

I had no luck on a childhood summer holiday though, it did actually snow  :D

I could be inviting the "Off Topic Police" here, so I apologise in advance ...

It's an ongoing joke in our household, when talking about "Scottish Wind".   My wife (Canadian) was standing at my dad's front door on her first visit over in 2002 and I suddenly heard "Cal!!! Quick, come and see this storm!!!" ... so I dropped what I was doing and headed down the hall to the front door.  On viewing the event, I turned to my wife (girlfriend in those days!) ... and said "That's not a Storm, that's a Scottish BREEZE!".    In all fairness, now having lived in Western Canada for a fair number of years, I can see why she would react that way.   Different world eh? .... (she even experienced 'wind burn' standing at the sea front in Dunbar!!!!).

Handing back to the Baku Grand Prix pundits.

All the best,

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2018, 02:40:28 PM »
No worries, Cal. You've been here long enough to know that we wonder all over the place here. It's one of our better traits, IMHO. :good:

I read that Toto has warned Danny about how badly Ferrari treats its drivers. I'm sure that was just some friendly advice.
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle