collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 379
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Baku Grand Prix  (Read 7327 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Baku Grand Prix
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2018, 04:41:22 PM »
I'm thinking Renault may be a possible home for DR, they've got the determination, and the money to get back on top. RBR may go Honda next year or the one after leaving Renault as the clear works team. Not sure Toto ready to dump Bottas at Merc.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2018, 04:54:48 PM »
RBR is reportedly negotiating with Honda already. I guess the engine's performance in the Toro Rosso impressed them. And in a recent interview, Seb said he could see DaniRicci as a teammate saying,"He's a good kid". Not sure Danny would want to be a pretty clear #2 at Ferrari. Since Sainz' "loan" is only for 2018, Renault might be just the place for our Danny.
Lonny

guest3164

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2018, 05:51:43 PM »
Has Toto never heard of Dr Helmut Marko?  Hardly a friendly face in the Red Bull garage for drivers :D

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2018, 06:55:04 PM »
Has Toto never heard of Dr Helmut Marko?  Hardly a friendly face in the Red Bull garage for drivers :D

I think you'll find Marko has always been a Ricciado fan, he's supported him for a lot of years thru other series - notably World series by Renault when results were not as high as his abilities would suggest.

I think it's Matesitchz who has ordered that Max is the golden child.
A bit like when Mark Webber thought he had a friend at Red Bull only to have the fix put in for Seb.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2018, 08:31:22 AM »
I would hope DR goes to Ferrari or Merc.  Renault might find their way forward or not, and climate could change and they abandon the sport before they get there.  It’s too late in his career and too early in their progress to make a move like that.

Skye would have been great, but I would rather make a trip specifically for it and some other western islands a different time.  Racing through it with one overnight (all we would have had time for) would have been a shame.  My buddy has been there and my wife wants to go, so that is a better option.  I can’t speak if average Scottish weather, but to have significant sun 5/7 days is a luxury in many climates.  Sitting at the airport now I can say Scotland was a wonderful, if expensive holiday (yes, I come from Switzerland), and thoroughly enjoyed it.  I will be back.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2018, 10:22:01 PM »
I'm still waiting for a reasonable explanation of how Max retook the position from Danny Ric at the pit stops before the blue on blue shunt. :DntKnw:

Daniel got baulked on his in-lap quite badly by multiple backmarkers. Red Bull may have felt that given the parity of the drivers, a lightning stop for Max (which he got) would have itself created sufficient gap without having to borrow the tactics threatened by Force India's management towards its duo last year.

I hope that a similar threat was made to Max and Daniel after the race, because I think that's one of the few things that would make Max sit up enough to mend his driving (at least around his team-mate).
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle