collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 640
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Hammy Not Happy  (Read 3972 times)

Offline Robem64

Hammy Not Happy
« on: May 01, 2018, 09:04:10 AM »
Perhaps he felt he was "brake tested" in Baku! I'm sure that sounds familiar  :DD

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/43947684

"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

Offline Calman

Re: Hammy Not Happy
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 05:43:04 PM »
Wah! Wah!! Wah!!!

Another storm in a teacup, get over it Hammy! ... you were gifted a race win, so stop whinging!!!  |-(

All the best,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Dare

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 05:55:27 PM »
Last year when he did it all was fine. F1 has become
a sport of whiners and cry babies. It's always someone
elses fault.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 11:01:01 PM »
I kinda see how this seems like whingeing but there is also tremendous gamesmanship going on in F1 right now.

The stewards and Charlie Whiting seem to be allowing some drivers to break longstanding rules without the previously accepted punishment.

Take Max's two moves at time of teamate shunt, the stewards admit he moved twice, but no real punishment. In the past drivers have been given drive-thrus or a grid drop at the next race. Lewis also found Vettel playing silly bugger at the restart at last year's Baku GP.

Perhaps this is part of a wider picture in this new era of F1, the FIA is either getting more relaxed about gamesmanship or could it be the fix is in from Liberty in an attempt to liven up the show?

If it's the latter it goes against all the governance criteria in F1.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Calman

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 11:43:32 PM »
It's almost as if the FIA are trying to sugarcoat our ears with "Let them Race!" ... "Racing Incident" etc, while fans can still clearly see inconsistencies and poor decisions/punishment.

All the best,

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 12:47:38 AM »
Didn't you know that Liberty brought along NASCAR stewards?
They are still working on getting Charlie to say, Jes' one'a 'em racin' deals!"
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Calman

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 05:27:51 PM »
Didn't you know that Liberty brought along NASCAR stewards?
They are still working on getting Charlie to say, Jes' one'a 'em racin' deals!"
I guess Max is hoping that Charlie will also say "Rubbin' Son ... is Racing!"   (I know nothing about Nascar, other than remembering Robert Duvall say this in Days of Thunder).

All the best,

Offline Robem64

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2018, 06:23:50 PM »
Wah! Wah!! Wah!!!

Another storm in a teacup, get over it Hammy! ... you were gifted a race win, so stop whinging!!!  |-(

All the best,

Ditto
"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2018, 06:26:01 PM »
Yep, when Hammy is running he show at the end of a SC period, everything is ok, but if anyone else wants to create a gap, it’s against Hammy’s rules.

Kinda why I’m for trying out the idea of having the drivers grid up at the end of a SC and do another standing start.  Would separate the men from the boys.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

guest3164

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2018, 08:46:11 PM »
It would certainly add extra intrigue having another standing start.  I would like to see it, even if it is just on a trial basis.

Offline Calman

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2018, 11:13:59 PM »
Sounds like Hammy is dismissing his chances in the 2018 Driver's Championship already!! ... never seen this tactic before Lewis!!!  ::)

All the best,

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2018, 09:52:33 PM »
I kinda see how this seems like whingeing but there is also tremendous gamesmanship going on in F1 right now.

The stewards and Charlie Whiting seem to be allowing some drivers to break longstanding rules without the previously accepted punishment.

Take Max's two moves at time of teamate shunt, the stewards admit he moved twice, but no real punishment. In the past drivers have been given drive-thrus or a grid drop at the next race. Lewis also found Vettel playing silly bugger at the restart at last year's Baku GP.

Perhaps this is part of a wider picture in this new era of F1, the FIA is either getting more relaxed about gamesmanship or could it be the fix is in from Liberty in an attempt to liven up the show?

If it's the latter it goes against all the governance criteria in F1.

The FIA has been getting increasingly relaxed about dodgy driving for the last decade or so. They also seem quite sensitive to media reputation, which has protected Verstappen... ...though in the case of Baku, I think the stewards decided that even a three-race ban would be less effective at communicating the unacceptability of his conduct than Red Bull choosing this moment to break Max's "golden boy" aura. Something which I think may just have happened. It was also complicated by both Daniel and the Red Bull management having negative roles in the crash also, and the stewards not being in any position to give the latter a meaningful penalty.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Dare

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2018, 11:13:10 PM »
Hammy isn't happy even when he's happy
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Calman

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2018, 02:42:53 AM »
... with Hammy fans in mind!

All the best,

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle