collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 364
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: The Social Media push  (Read 7270 times)

Offline Robem64

"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

Offline Calman

Re: The Social Media push
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 05:32:42 PM »
Very good Liberty Media ... keep concentrating on Social Media and "engaging young fans" ... while the rest of us are more interested in progress from those machines which go around in circles (scrap that, we are not talking Nascar) ... the show which Liberty Media is going to take to new heights (scrap that, we are not talking Indycar either). 

Cars which can follow closely, great tracks with excellent overtaking opportunities, noisy engines and the best driver in the cockpit, not a paid or sponsor padded robot.   There! ... that sounds more realistic (insert dripping sarcasm smiley somewhere about here!!!).

All the best,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 09:48:45 AM »
FYI - in case you haven't heard, Twitter is the latest safety breach and they are strongly recommending everyone with an account should change their password and in case you use the same password somewhere else, you should also change those.

http://time.com/5265244/twitter-all-users-change-passwords-leaving-unprotected/
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 02:34:01 PM »
I wouldn't go on twitter even if they paid me, especially after what I've read about it.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 05:16:09 PM »
I go on Twitter. Like most things it is what you make it. Can be a complete zoo, or a decent way to keep up with friends. Lots of politics, lots of art, lots of fandoms, lots of trolls. You just control who you engage with.
Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 07:13:08 PM »
Totally agree.  Twitter is a tool.  Depends on how you use it, what you get out of it.  Not terribly dangerous, but can at times be addictive.  For example iff there is a catastrophe or crisis in the world that I have an interest in, Twitter is where I go.  If I can’t watch an F1 race live, but still want to keep up with the action or get some inside info, Twitter is where I go.

That said, I have no idea about Instagram and Snapchat.   :DntKnw: :DntKnw:

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2018, 10:55:35 PM »
Instagram is Twitter with pictures or short videos instead of tweets. They use captions, but it's the picture that counts. Snapchat is Instagram but dirtier because the picture supposedly automatically disappears after x number of seconds; but we all know nothing ever completely disappears from the internet.
Lonny

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2018, 03:04:20 PM »
I've never gotten into Twitter. It's always been a security nightmare. Besides that, I've never felt the need to tell the whole world what I had for breakfast.   ;)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2018, 04:07:27 PM »
I've never gotten into Twitter. It's always been a security nightmare. Besides that, I've never felt the need to tell the whole world what I had for breakfast.   ;)

Well... don't leave us hanging! 

What IS the breakfast of champions?

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2018, 04:28:35 PM »
Today - Microwave pancakes & a glass of chocolate milk.

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2018, 05:16:55 PM »
Why microwave?  Pancakes are practically as fast in the pan made fresh... I can whip up a stack of French Toast in about 5minutes.  Pancakes another 2-3min.

Offline Calman

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2018, 06:59:37 PM »
Can everyone please form an orderly queue, Scott is in charge of Breakfasts on next weekends Race Day!!! ... so get your knife & fork and plates at the ready!! .. it's "Social Eatery" time :DD :DD

I'll be ordering Scott's Porridge myself!

All the best,

guest3164

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2018, 07:21:04 PM »
I want the full Swiss please Scott. 

Offline Scott

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2018, 06:54:44 AM »
Breakfasts are actually my game.  Light and quick to heavy gourmet, I’ve got you covered. 

Offline Calman

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2018, 07:24:14 AM »
Breakfasts are actually my game.  Light and quick to heavy gourmet, I’ve got you covered.

In that case, can I order a spanish omelette 6 hours prior to the green light this coming Sunday? ... Also, if you could make it "McLaren Orange" ... that would be a nice touch!!!  ... oh yes, and I will be eating it while sitting on a Deck Chair!!!  :DD

All the best,

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle