collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 360
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: No space at Mercedes for 2019  (Read 5810 times)

Offline Robem64

"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

Offline Scott

Re: No space at Mercedes for 2019
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 07:07:51 PM »
I don't see DR interested in the Merc seat as much as the Ferrari one.  Kimi might like to stay, but it's not up to him.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Robem64

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 12:44:34 PM »
Agree with that

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 05:53:50 PM »
I don't see DR interested in the Merc seat as much as the Ferrari one.  Kimi might like to stay, but it's not up to him.

Do you think the fact Daniel was able to beat Seb in the RBR when they were teamate has any bearing or is it the famous Maranello magic that's the main draw?
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Calman

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 07:11:01 PM »

Do you think the fact Daniel was able to beat Seb in the RBR when they were teamate has any bearing or is it the famous Maranello magic that's the main draw?

It would be a humorous outcome, as Seb quickly realised that he was no longer the dominant force at RBR when Danny Ric came along!!!

All the best,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 08:24:22 PM »

I would say because Ferrari is the most promising team at the moment.  RBR is still struggling to find an engine partner they can be sure of and Mercedes just seems out of sorts with both tech - overheating and tire issues - and strategy.  That could change by the end of season, but if I could choose a team for next year, it would be Ferrari.

Online Dare

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 09:07:12 PM »

That's the reason DR won't be at Ferrari next year if Vettel
has any say in the matter.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Calman

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 09:59:50 PM »
Indeed.   It feels like a similar scenario to the days when Alonso & Massa were at Ferrari.  Therefore, Danny Ric doesn't want to re-join Vettel at Ferrari after a taste of things in their RBR days (even if Danny was more of a competitive teammate back then).  Of course, we are all aware of Massa's role at Ferrari when Alonso was the #1 driver back in the day.

All the best,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2018, 06:53:08 AM »
I don't think so.  I think Ferrari learned their lesson and will no longer give even their star driver any say in who the other driver is.  I don't see it.  Ceding a management decision like that doesn't seem to be at all what Marchionne or Arrivabene are about.  If they want Ricciardo, they will get Ricciardo, regardless of what Vettel thinks.  I'm also not so sure Ricciardo and Vettel wouldn't get along unless one of them started to run away with the points. 
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 06:55:22 AM by Scott »

Offline Robem64

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 10:55:12 AM »
Maybe there is room at Mercedes...all very cat and mouse isn't it!

http://www.planetf1.com/news/wolff-ricciardo-is-a-definite-option/

Offline Scott

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2018, 04:45:51 PM »
Merc testing the waters...I hope DR doesn't bite.  Mind you won't hurt his negotiation position with RBR or maybe Ferrari.

Offline Robem64

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2018, 07:54:34 PM »
Merc testing the waters...I hope DR doesn't bite.  Mind you won't hurt his negotiation position with RBR or maybe Ferrari.

Me too Scott - if I had to say I think he might just stay at RBR

Offline Robem64

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2018, 08:03:55 AM »

Offline Scott

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2018, 12:12:27 PM »
I agree with Lewis that DR is not likely to move to Mercedes.  My bet is on Ferrari or staying at RBR, but I suspect if he stays at RBR his salary will eclipse Max's by at least 2 fold and he will have certain clauses about who the team will lean their favourable decisions toward.  He should by now be able to write his own contract. 

If he goes to Ferrari, I bet he would be on relatively equal terms with Vettel.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2018, 02:39:08 PM »
I still think Danny Ric could do a lot worse than joining Renault, the Factory team gets stronger and stonger and by next year are likely to be heading for podiums or a win. With all the money Renault are putting into it by 2020 they'll probably be the surprise package.

It most likely depends on whether RBR are going with Honda next year, if they are IMHO Renault will probably outscore them easily.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle