collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 326
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: The Halo Did Its Job  (Read 3029 times)

Offline cosworth151

The Halo Did Its Job
« on: May 15, 2018, 03:08:47 PM »
It looks like the halo made its first save in the F2 race last weekend. After a shunt, Tadasuke Makino's halo had tire marks across it. So did the engine cover behind the cockpit.

I don't think any of us care for its looks, but it looks like it works.

http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/halos-first-save-fia-investigating-scary-f2-crash-barcelona

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

guest3164

Re: The Halo Did Its Job
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 04:50:59 PM »
To be honest the look of it now completely has become 'normal' to me so I am not fussed anymore.  A bit like any other part they add, it just blends in over time.  Good to see it worked though in those circumstances, looks like Makino was saved from danger. 

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 05:37:33 PM »
I'm still waiting to see the crash itself - I can't tell from what I've seen so far if the car would have hit the driver without the Halo, and therefore how Halo changed the accident (it must have changed it some, but it's not clear in what way).
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 06:44:05 PM »
Here's a little better view. It's at the 1:45 mark in the video. Fukuzumi's rear tires slide up the car & right over the cockpit.

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 09:02:11 PM »
Well... ...that was a strange accident. But helping out in strange accidents is what the Halo was designed to do.

I am delighted that I have been proven wrong about Halo's capabilities; it did a really good job here  :yahoo:
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle