collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 352
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Max the wrecker  (Read 4201 times)

Offline Ian

Max the wrecker
« on: May 26, 2018, 12:26:46 PM »
Once again Max gives his mechanics a hell of a job at Monaco, same place as two years ago as well.   |-(

An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Scott

Re: Max the wrecker
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 01:38:03 PM »
I love how he went over to see if the front right was flat after the wreck.  Always looking for a technical excuse even though the replays showed clearly that he clobbered the Armco.  What a dick.

I wonder when the Max experiment will be done.  There are half a dozen drivers midfield and back who could do at least as well in a RBR in my opinion.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 01:43:02 PM by Scott »
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 03:11:07 PM »
So the Bulls will bracket the field. Danny on pole & Max dead last.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 03:21:38 PM »
What a pole by Danny though, totally eclipsed Seb and Lewis.  :yahoo:

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 03:30:27 PM »
I wonder when the Max experiment will be done.  There are half a dozen drivers midfield and back who could do at least as well in a RBR in my opinion.

Red Bull insists on using its own drivers or those brought through Toro Rosso. Much may depend on how well Pierre Gasly and Carlos Sainz do. At this point, I would think the latter should go straight to Red Bull, as Gasly would benefit from an extra year in the junior team to build consistency. If Brendon Hartley doesn't improve, though, that could prove impossible, as Honda may insist he be put into Toro Rosso instead, to shore the team up and give Pierre a good example to learn by.

However, I don't think we'll see Max leave mid-season the way he left Toro Rosso because Christian Horner, unlike Franz Tost, is the arch-diplomat when it suits his boss's desires.

However, the bridge-burning in 2016 means Max cannot be demoted as Daniil was. The only option would be to remove him from the equation entirely. Also, there's the small matter of next year's contract. While there are performance clauses in there, it's also a long season, and depending on how strict it is, a couple of good results later could prevent Max from being removed in 2019 (even if that is Red Bull's fervent desire).

Don't be surprised to see a good offer being made for Daniel to stay in 2019, in case Max does something so spectacularly ridiculous that even Helmut Marko's patience snaps.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Ian

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 05:34:38 PM »
Mr Horner's definitely not pleased, if Max had been sensible it most certainly would have been a Red Bull lock-out at the front.

Offline Dare

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2018, 09:30:56 PM »
Sky Sports
It was the sixth time in as many races this year when Verstappen has either spun or hit another car, but the Dutchman insisted to reporters he had only been at fault "here and in China" - where he collided with Sebastian Vettel.

"I wouldn't call Barcelona an incident. Together with China, this was mistake. Of course it's not what you like to happen but it happens."

I'm shocked he said 2 were his fault
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Robem64

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2018, 07:36:58 AM »

Absolutely Ian, rather annoying that post qualifying there was so much chat about the Max incident and yet Dan Ric was head and shoulders above everyone - the only one to go under 1min 11secs. Awesome.
"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

guest3164

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2018, 09:02:47 AM »
https://twitter.com/darcyf1/status/1000334518203527168

That video shows just how special he is, hitting almost the same piece of barrier.  Red Bull need to tie down Ricciardo I'd say rather urgently.

Offline Scott

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2018, 12:55:06 PM »

Absolutely Ian, rather annoying that post qualifying there was so much chat about the Max incident and yet Dan Ric was head and shoulders above everyone - the only one to go under 1min 11secs. Awesome.

And broke his own track record at least 3 times in the process  :good: :good: :good:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle