collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 462
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Kubica in for Hartley?  (Read 7079 times)

Offline Alianora La Canta

Re: Kubica in for Hartley?
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2018, 12:14:57 PM »
I seriously doubt Williams would let Robert go, given that there's some risk that he may be needed to race one of its own cars mid-season...

Is there any chance that Kubica would sign a contract that doesn't allow him to go to another F1 team should the opportunity arise?

Even if such a clause was in the contract (not guaranteed), it would inevitably be contingent on the boss authorising its activation at the relevant moment. The boss is not likely to authorise it if Robert's services are likely to be needed in the team with which the contract stands. If it was, say, Haas or McLaren, Robert would probably have been allowed to do it because neither team is in imminent need of a sub. But from the way Williams staff are talking, there's a good chance either Stroll or Sirotkin will be out on their ear after the summer break if things don't improve.

The CRB (Contracts Recognitions Bureau) exists to prevent contracts from simply being ignored - contracts have to be ended for a legally-valid reason before the CRB would allow a Superlicence to be attached to the new one.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 12:18:10 PM by Alianora La Canta »
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2018, 12:27:31 PM »

But from the way Williams staff are talking, there's a good chance either Stroll or Sirotkin will be out on their ear after the summer break if things don't improve.

Do you really think that's likely Alia? After all both drivers have brought big funds with them to the team.

I'd suggest it's more likely one of the drivers could exit due to frustration from their backers, who would most likely seek to remove their funding and try to place their man at another team for next year.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2018, 12:35:57 PM »

But from the way Williams staff are talking, there's a good chance either Stroll or Sirotkin will be out on their ear after the summer break if things don't improve.

Do you really think that's likely Alia? After all both drivers have brought big funds with them to the team.

I'd suggest it's more likely one of the drivers could exit due to frustration from their backers, who would most likely seek to remove their funding and try to place their man at another team for next year.

I didn't think it was until I saw the post-Spain comments from various Williams staffers. Including one from its chief designer that basically said "we need to see substantial improvement when the upgrades for Germany come in."

Now, Germany is not the only upgrade Williams has coming. However, it is the most significant, and it is reaching the point where Williams will be stone-last if it doesn't improve significantly. There is no way the sponsor deals it has are set up for such a scenario. In which case, Williams is in a situation where the "big moneybags drivers" are not sufficient to allow 2019 to be funded - it may need the TV money from not being last as well.

At that point, it may have no choice than to replace a driver with Kubica. Note that Robert has about half of the funding Sirotkin has (which in turn is about 70% of Stroll's), so it's not like he's a freebie driver or anything. And if the performance of the race drivers is this low, it's also possible they may activate a performance clause, meaning Williams doesn't have to refund any monies received for the drivers' services.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2018, 01:53:23 PM »
Just to keep the pot boiling, everyone is aware this is the last year of the Martini contract?
Lonny

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2018, 03:18:04 PM »
To return to the original subject of a replacement for Hartley it seems there is an STR agenda to change pilots mid season.

http://www.f1i.com/news/306172-mclaren-declines-lend-norris-toro-rosso.html

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2018, 02:22:14 PM »
Way to make Brendon feel unwelcome...

Clearly, Brendon is about to be out on his ear, one way or another. It's quite sad, really. He may not have pulled up any trees but he's not been that bad either. In a more settled environment, he could have made a meaningful contribution to F1. But Toro Rosso probably never will be a settled environment while it is under Franz Tost's supervision.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

Offline Andy B

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2018, 03:52:35 AM »
A good qualifying session from him in Canada out qualifying Gasly which he needs to do more of and I hope he has a good run tomorrow and gains some points.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2018, 04:04:34 AM »
From what I've read, Hartley has the upgraded Honda engine and Gasly doesn't.
Lonny

Offline Calman

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2018, 09:27:23 AM »
Clearly, Brendon is about to be out on his ear, one way or another. It's quite sad, really.

Is this option as good as "official" now?? ... the last article I read was simply a swirling rumour.  Well, whatever the case, I hope he has a good outing tomorrow for his own pride.  I think to some degree, certain teams are becoming very 'cut throat' and not giving drivers enough time to bring home the better performances. 

Go on Brendon, bring it home in the top 10!!!

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

guest3164

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2018, 12:48:38 PM »
There seems to be increasingly more rumours about Stroll not being retained by Williams, I saw Jennie Gow mention it on the BBC feed on Friday.  I think Kubica may well end 2018 driving the Williams.  Stroll is also a lot more vocal criticising the team than Sirotkin...

Offline Scott

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2018, 08:35:43 PM »
Sadly, Hartley had some more bad luck today.   :( :(
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2018, 11:09:24 PM »
It would be ironic if Brendon's removal from the race is part of the reason Robert cannot leave Williams and therefore part of the reason Brendon will be available to be crashed into in future F1 races.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2018, 11:22:18 PM »
It would be ironic if Brendon's removal from the race is part of the reason Robert cannot leave Williams and therefore part of the reason Brendon will be available to be crashed into in future F1 races.

What's more ironic is STR are now saying they support Brendan.  :swoon:

Wow, a driver puts his car in a stupid place marginally overlapping opponent on outside of corner he can't win on opening lap, gets clobbered and then team who previously tried to replace him come out in support.   :confused:
The minute they actually praise him will probably be his last time in the car.  :D   

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2018, 12:11:33 AM »
What's more ironic is STR are now saying they support Brendan.  :swoon:

In F1 speak, that means "don't make hotel reservations for
France."
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Calman

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2018, 01:28:28 AM »
It's quite funny how this whole circle of "uncertain" futures for certain drivers is panning out!!! ... but let's face it, Stroll has been very vocal on team radio for many races and in Canada, he suddenly appeared Mr Nice with more encouraging quotes than negative ones (before his crash obviously).  Sergey is wisely keeping his mouth closed and trying to make the best of a bad situation ... and while this is all going on with Brandon's likelihood of being dropped sooner, rather than later, Kubica has been 'caught on camera' a LOT in the last 2-3 GPs.   Coincidence or something more sinister???

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle