collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 377
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Mallya steps down?  (Read 17663 times)

Offline Robem64

"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

Offline cosworth151

Re: Mallya steps down?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 03:09:35 PM »
Sorry, Ali.  I hope the team does find good, stable ownership.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Calman

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 04:49:07 PM »
No surprise on this one, we all saw it coming with his ongoing "issues".

I sincerely hope FI can move onto better and bigger things, once they have their future foundations in place.  Hopefully they can continue to be one of the "best of the rest" after the top 3 teams on the grid.

All the best,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 06:12:57 PM »
Love him or hate him, he came into the sport with a ton of skeptics and critics, and he ended up bringing the team up to the point that it was chewing on the heels of the big three.  Congratulations Mallya, ya done good. 

Financial crime is not so shocking these days, and I also don't think it's rare to come across some laundered money in F1.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 07:27:14 AM by Scott »
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Calman

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 08:04:43 PM »
I probably could have worded my post better.   I for one salute him on the achievement of FI "mixing it" with the big boys.  By saying "move onto better and bigger things" ... I am not suggesting they are in a bad place right now, more that I hope with Malya's exit, the team don't slump too badly while they re-group!!

Clearly, Ocon is becoming a hot commodity, so should they hold onto Perez and secure a solid teammate in the future, I would love to see FI stay in "at least" mid pack on the grid.

All the best,

All the best,

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 08:07:27 PM »
Live him or hate him, he came into the sport with a ton of skeptics and critics, and he ended up bringing the team up to the point that it was chewing on the heels of the big three.  Congratulations Mallya, ya done good. 

Financial crime is not so shocking these days, and I also don't think it's rare to come across some laundered money in F1.

He may not be the best guy for doing business with, but he was a very involved owner in F1.  Those are always the teams with the biggest following.

Offline Calman

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 08:17:12 PM »
If you watched this past video, surely you would be keen to put a paper bag over the female reporter's head? ... or in my case, provide her with a "Glasgow Kiss" ... google those two words, if you are unfamiliar with the term! ;)

I salute his calmness ...

All the best,

Offline Robem64

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 07:43:48 AM »
Ditto on the calmness Cal......I take my hat off to the man for being so controlled.
"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 08:35:05 AM »
OMG...that's nuts.  That Reform channel is really full of itself apparently.  I didn't see the colour draining out of his face like she did.  I just saw garbage spewing out of her mouth the entire time.  |-( |-( |-(

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2018, 12:16:44 PM »
The reporter does not sound as if she has full command of how British courts work. Alas. Though the last F1 personality to do a Glasgow kiss did not fare particularly well from it, as Force India doubtless remembers...

It's not even as if the prosecution has a bad case (as much as it pains me to say that). But the reason the prosecution case could work is not what Republic appears to think.

As for the directorship, I think Vijay believes there is a chance he may get sent to India without much notice. If that happened while Vijay held the directorship, that could have made Force India vulnerable to prosecution for no good reason.

The team principalship (which he still holds, and presumably will continue to do until he goes to India - something I expect will happen eventually) can be transferred straightforwardly to Bob Fearnley at a moment's notice if need be and I'm not sure if Vijay is at liberty to sell off his shareholding or whether it's currently a bond against a loan Diageo made him. If it's the latter, Force India is probably safe because a "free" F1 team is not something Diageo is likely to refuse, if it comes to that! In the former case, I note that the secondary shareholder (Roy Subatra) has been in prison for years for fraud and hasn't yet been obliged to sell his shareholding. Suspect it would be the same for Vijay; the team would be sold but not until the right buyer was located.

Don't expect any change at Force India, except for one of the current directors to get more power and give us a clue as to what the succession might look like.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Calman

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2018, 05:24:25 AM »
The latest rumour surrounding Force India's future in F1 ...
https://beyondtheflag.com/2018/06/17/formula-1-michael-andretti-looking-purchase-force-india/

Best Regards,

Offline Scott

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2018, 07:20:41 AM »
https://beyondtheflag.com/2018/06/17/formula-1-michael-andretti-looking-purchase-force-india/

Best Regards,

Now THAT would be interesting.  :good: :good:

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2018, 03:36:48 PM »

Best Regards,

Sounds more like wishful thinking than fact based reporting.

However, if true, then Liberty is meeting their goal of growing the profile of F1 in the USA.  I would guess Andretti is still a top name when you mention 'racing' to casual fans in the USA.

If American interest continues to grow, would Ford and GM become interested again?

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2018, 04:19:41 PM »
I'd like to see it but I'm not holding my breath over it.

Would they rename it Force Indy?
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2018, 04:33:32 PM »
Would they rename it Force Indy?

I like that, though they seem unlikely to get the Indy name.

How about Force 10 from Nazareth?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle