collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 355
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Mallya steps down?  (Read 17658 times)

Offline cosworth151

Re: Mallya steps down?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2018, 05:26:42 PM »
 :DD  :DD  :DD  I Like it!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2018, 10:11:05 PM »
Would they rename it Force Indy?

I like that, though they seem unlikely to get the Indy name.

How about Force 10 from Nazareth?

:DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD  :good:

Jee...zz Jeri, that's cool.  :D

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Calman

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2018, 07:38:06 AM »
The latest story on the Force India novel ...

https://thejudge13.com/2018/07/18/force-india-money-laundering/

I do like the irony though!! ... all this new hype of 'money laundering' and the potential new sponsor/owner "Rich Energy".

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2018, 01:36:28 AM »
The latest story on the Force India novel ...

https://thejudge13.com/2018/07/18/force-india-money-laundering/

I do like the irony though!! ... all this new hype of 'money laundering' and the potential new sponsor/owner "Rich Energy".

Best Regards,
Cal :)

Who, even more ironically, has been rejected as a bidder because they are not rich (as I understand the rumour mill). There is at least one other bidder that is more serious, but from what I gather it's managed to keep its name completely hidden from the rumour-spreaders thus far.

Don't expect any of these bids to work, for two reasons:

1) Vijay thinks that if he can hold the team for another 2 1/2 years, everything's going to get much easier thanks to a minimum 10% boost to the budget (via scrapping CCB payments) and budget caps making it more difficult for some rivals (not all) to spend so much money.

2) It's not 100% clear if Force India is in the $2 bn securities offered to the Indian courts for repaying Vijay's debts. If it is, then none of these bids will work, because whoever is managing the securities on behalf of what seems like half the bailiffs in India gets that call. In theory, Force India could get nationalised by the nation of that name because most of the major creditors are states or state-run entities within India.

(I've heard the money-laundering charge, but it's about $6 m, and is therefore a drop in the ocean even in relation to the securities already deposited even if proven. I haven't heard enough to comment on whether that one is plausible or not).
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2018, 02:15:38 AM »
In theory, Force India could get nationalised by the nation of that name because most of the major creditors are states or state-run entities within India.

While I don't forsee this actually happening, how cool would it be for a large country like India to have to appoint a 'Minister for Motorsport' who comes and sits at the pit wall?

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2018, 06:21:14 PM »
In theory, Force India could get nationalised by the nation of that name because most of the major creditors are states or state-run entities within India.

While I don't forsee this actually happening, how cool would it be for a large country like India to have to appoint a 'Minister for Motorsport' who comes and sits at the pit wall?

Would he bring one of the Hindu Gods with him as well?  :D :D 

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2018, 12:25:32 AM »

Especially if said minister then had to explain why motorsport is still taxed as an entertainment in India and not as a sport, when the latter would clearly benefit the running of their department!
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2018, 04:48:54 AM »
Here's the latest wild rumor: Lance Stroll's father has bought Force India and Lance will switch teams.   :o

https://www.gptours.com/mobile_news.php?command=show&what=news&id=21270
Lonny

guest3164

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2018, 08:12:23 AM »
Whilst I would worry about Force India's mid-term future if that happened (ie, when the Stroll's lose interest), from a Williams point of view I would love this to happen and for the Stroll circus to move on.  Lance hasn't pushed on as I hoped/expected, regardless of the diabolical car he has this year. 

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2018, 03:43:28 PM »
Here's the latest wild rumor: Lance Stroll's father has bought Force India and Lance will switch teams.   :o

You think team orders at Ferrari or Mercedes are bad... could you imagine knocking the boss's kid out of a race?

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2018, 03:59:16 PM »

You think team orders at Ferrari or Mercedes are bad... could you imagine knocking the boss's kid out of a race?

That's why Ocon has to go, he's likely to try the wheel banging, late dives and blocking he used on Checo in his first season.  :D

guest3164

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2018, 09:45:12 PM »
Apparently Force India have gone into administration, brought about largely due to Sergio Perez bringing proceedings against them over an unpaid debt of around £3m ($4m). 

Offline Robem64

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2018, 07:57:33 AM »
"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2018, 11:33:50 AM »
Apparently Force India have gone into administration, brought about largely due to Sergio Perez bringing proceedings against them over an unpaid debt of around £3m ($4m).

You'd think FIF1 would know better than to screw with the driver bringing big sponsor bucks to the team?  :crazy:

We've seen before that drivers of a team can be last in the queue when money is tight.  :(

Offline Robem64

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2018, 09:26:35 PM »
Sounds like this action taken by Perez was suggested by the team to protect them and force a sale.
"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle