collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 320
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Leftie  (Read 4526 times)

Offline Ian

Leftie
« on: June 02, 2018, 04:58:38 PM »
What a donut, only gone and strained the tendons in my left hand, guess what, yup, I'm 99+% left handed, using the mouse with my right hand the flaming cursor if flying everywhere but where I want it.

An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline lkjohnson1950

Re: Leftie
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 05:57:06 PM »
I'm a righty, but was obliged to rest that hand for a couple days back a bit. Though I'm mildly ambidextrous, my left was near hopeless. I know just how you feel.  :confused:
Lonny

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 06:49:49 PM »
I'm normal (righty) and I'm sorry to hear that Ian is not normal.  :P

Wiz
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 07:57:24 PM »
Ian not normal Wizzo??? :swoon:

I had my suspicions when he told of his Scottish heritage, but then most of the Scots are left of centre so I guess it's just his genes.  ;)

Sorry to hear your having trouble with your mouse control Ian, happens to me about now on a Saturday night. In my case it's just G&T, Scotch, Wine or Beer
- sometimes all of them.  :D

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Ian

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 08:13:25 PM »
Me normal Wiz ? Heaven forbid.  ::)

Offline Andy B

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 10:37:55 PM »
Come on Ian you'll be "all right".
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 11:23:51 PM »
Weeell, maybe mostly right.
Lonny

Offline Calman

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2018, 01:20:24 AM »
Talking of "Lefties" .... as a Snooker fan, it's a big talking point these days, how many top players can play effectively left handed (as well as their primary right handed game).  Ronnie O'Sullivan is completely comfortable playing right or left handed and some of the shots he takes on with the other hand are simply stunning.   In the last few years, there are now at least 5 top players who can play shots right or left handed ... what a skill to have!!

All the best,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2018, 08:55:55 AM »
Hope you recover quickly, Ian - having to use the other hand must be quite an annoyance.

For anyone wondering, I'm cross-dominant; I have some things I can only do with one hand (I'm strictly right-handed when doing things like opening doors or tying shoelaces), some things I can only do with the other hand (I'm strictly left-handed in racket sports and when eating) and some I can do with either (writing; which I prefer depends on whether I'm writing under my real name (right-handed) or as Alianora La Canta (left-handed)).

Also, in motorsport, the likes of Ayrton Senna and Fisico are left-handed, so you're in good company, Ian :)
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Ian

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2018, 09:19:50 AM »
Strange sometimes Ali, when I eat my dinner I eat right handed but when I carve or slice meat the knife is in my left hand.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2018, 03:39:02 PM »
Me normal Wiz ? Heaven forbid.  ::)

I totally agree. Normal is soooooo boring!

I know just what you're going through. Several years ago I broke my right hand in three places (I'm right handed). We had an ice storm & I went over to get the ice off my mother's porch. The ice got me off the porch instead.  :confused:

One good result - I had to get a pair of shoes with Velcro fasteners. After I healed up, they became my airport shoes. Very handy to to take off at security.

Get well soon, Ian!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2018, 04:58:47 PM »
Well while we’re comparing combat injuries, two weeks ago I went over the handlebars.  Leg still has nasty scabs and every sneeze, cough and laugh reminds me I have a couple of cracked ribs.   :(
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Calman

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2018, 08:34:14 PM »
Well while we’re comparing combat injuries, two weeks ago I went over the handlebars.  Leg still has nasty scabs and every sneeze, cough and laugh reminds me I have a couple of cracked ribs.   :(

OUCH!! Scott .... Can I assume Racing Cycle or Mountain Bike???

Either way, hope you mend real soon!

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Ian

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2018, 11:08:10 PM »
Be careful Scott, remember your age  :DD seriously though glad it's not worse mate.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2018, 02:57:21 PM »
Dang! Hope you feel better soon!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle