collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 605
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Miami breaking the mould  (Read 1411 times)

Offline Robem64

Miami breaking the mould
« on: June 04, 2018, 07:37:05 AM »

"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

Offline Jericoke

Re: Miami breaking the mould
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 03:12:26 PM »
Could mean a big shake up on future race contracts

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/136482/wolff-less-f1-income-with-new-promoter-model

It makes sense.  Bernie's abilities weren't in race promotion, but deal making, so naturally he ensured he made his money on the deal itself, not the promotion.

Ideally, F1 races should be promoted by the same organization.  It doesn't make sense for each race to do everything themselves, paying staff for doing the same thing once a year.  Liberty can have promotion staff that do it full time across the calendar.  It keeps costs down, and puts experienced people in charge.

It also motivates Liberty to promote a sustainable race that people want to go to if they're getting a cut of the gate.  Assuming Liberty does it right, then it should be great for F1, the tracks, the teams AND the fans.

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 07:13:43 PM »
I agree with Jeri.  The race sanctioning fees were more important to Bernie because Bernie only looked at the short term.  He didn't care what happened to the local races or fans once the contract was up...in most cases he would prefer to move to a different venue.  Liberty seems far more interested in the long term growth and sustainability of the sport at venues and hopefully will stabilise to the point that only once every few years a venue is changed for a reason other than sanction fee blackmail.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Calman

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 08:05:21 PM »
If there is one thing which I would be suitably impressed with under Liberty's ownership of F1 ... it would clearly be in their approach to the race venue cost structure.  I would be so happy to see countries host F1 races, who simply couldn't meet the costs involved under Bernie's reign.

All the best,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle