collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 494
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Reduced Saturday running and shorter races  (Read 1955 times)

Offline Andy B

Reduced Saturday running and shorter races
« on: June 08, 2018, 10:54:11 PM »
It seems Liberty are at it again trying to drive the fans away with their new scheme which I am not sure what they are trying to achieve from.
I was disappointed with the loss of Sunday morning warm up but removing a Saturday practice and shortening the race it'll make you wonder if its worth attending a race.
As I'm sure you can tell I'm disappointed with Liberty I was expecting a breath of fresh air and all I have is farmyard smells!

https://www.planetf1.com/news/shorter-races-less-practice-under-consideration/
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 11:00:38 PM by Andy B »

Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Calman

Re: Reduced Saturday running and shorter races
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 11:30:48 PM »
I grit my teeth, every time I read a sentence with two words in it, those two words being "Liberty" and "Changes".   Sorry to my friends in the USA, but it's the same old story. Chase & Co are making changes to how they think F1 should run, like any other successful sport in .... the USA!!

I will never judge Liberty Media on a business level, but I am always ready to react to how they feel F1 should be run on a global level.  Can you imagine if they ran World Snooker??? ... frames would be a maximum of 5 minutes, there would be 150 tournaments a year, players would enter the arena from a glitzy platform lowered from the ceiling, there would be tacky movie theme entrances ... and players would play in Yoga Outfits with Rubber Cues for safety reasons!!!!!  *rant over ... for now*

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Robem64

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 02:29:57 AM »
Andy, you took the words out of my mouth. I love attending far off races (as I write this I'm in Montreal for the Canadian GP). Having less track action is not what I expect and would definitely have to think seriously whether it was worth it. My god the tickets are pricey anyway and then they'll expect to give you less of the product for the same money.

Like you I was really hoping for big things but I'm starting to change my opinion of "taking a Liberty" media!
"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

Offline Calman

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 02:51:42 AM »
Maybe I was wrong to judge Liberty Media at the point where they took control of F1 ... but honestly, my fears are being realised with every passing day and people don't think I am bias, negative or crazy after all!!!!!!

The honeymoon was over a long time ago and I think too many cold dinners have hit the table since!!

Best Regards,

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 01:27:23 PM »
Saw this one coming a mile off...

It all started with a survey. A rather badly-done survey on F1 Fan Voice. Lots of these ideas were on that survey. Allegedly, the purpose was to collect opinion about things like this. The trouble was that it was full of leading questions, sub-elements that assumed an answer had been positive even when it was negative, and a general impression that only one perspective was welcome.

We noticed.

The reaction from admins was... ...missing the point. They did not seem to realise that there is a difference between "approved by a leading marketing agency" and "neutral, broad-perspectived and coded correctly". The result of this is that the admins seem to have thought the answers were representative when they were not, and therefore they have more support for their position than is really the case (even assuming the survey-takers were representative of the whole - which is unlikely as casual viewers are unlikely to bother registering for a regular poll/survey service).

Note: among the current batch of surveys on F1 Fan Voice is one on merchandise. Expect some stories about that in the near future.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Calman

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2018, 06:15:52 PM »
So, in other words .... "How can we construct a survey, in such a way, that every potential option inevitably reaches a conclusion of our liking?" ... something like that??

Best Regards,

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2018, 06:35:58 PM »
Chase & Co are making changes to how they think F1 should run, like any other successful sport in .... the USA!!

More money for less. Sound to me like they think they're running a cable TV company.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Andy B

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2018, 03:50:03 AM »
You are all summing up my waining F1 enthusiasm.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle