collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 375
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Canadian/French GP Chat Room  (Read 4001 times)

Offline Wizzo

Canadian/French GP Chat Room
« on: June 09, 2018, 09:40:25 AM »
I am sorry to say that the chat room will not be available for the Canadian GP (unless a miracle happens). Moving to HTTPS has caused a few issues but I am pleased to say they all been resolved apart from the chat room.

The chatroom software was getting a little dated and moving to HTTPS caused it to stop working correctly. At great expense I have purchased the latest version of the software and I am waiting for the software manufacturer to install it for me. This would normally be an easy process and I would simply install it myself but because the old software is broken it has proved more problematic than expected.

Apologies for the inconvenience. Rest assured I'll get it working ASAP.

Watch this space.

Wiz
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 04:58:21 PM by Wizzo »

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Alianora La Canta

Re: Canadian Chat Room
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 11:10:57 AM »
Thank you for going to all this trouble to give us an upgraded chat room. It will be ready soon enough :)
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Calman

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 05:54:48 PM »
At great expense I have purchased the latest version of the software and I am waiting for the software manufacturer to install it for me.

Quotes like this are like a dagger in my side Wizzo! ... I am not sure if it's because I am Scottish or not (penny pinching), but I would like to know what you look for in a Chat Room package, as for your sake, I would have hoped that there were more reasonable systems/options out there?

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 06:39:41 PM »
Thanks again for everything, Wizzo. We all really do appreciate having all of this.

And trust me, I know how frustrating cantankerous software can be.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Andy B

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 04:06:16 AM »
Hi Wizz

To help with the expense of the site that we all enjoy and benefit from I have made a donation (took two attempts to get the right amount) which I am hoping that others will join me.
Keep up with the good work its appreciated.

Cheers
Andy B
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 01:09:56 PM »
Thank you everyone for your kind words and donations. I have always said this site is nothing without it's members.

Cal, the main criteria for the chatroom software is that it integrates seamlessly with SMF and the membership database. It then has to work across all formats - including mobile devices. I have tried many in the past which have proved to be unreliable or vulnerable to security threats. Many years ago the site was taken down through a security hole in the chat software.

Wiz

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Wizzo

Offline Calman

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2018, 08:51:00 PM »
Thanks for providing that info Wiz, really appreciate it.

Of course, these days, everything is focused on mobile devices (phones, pads and tablets) .. so structures have to be geared to fully responsive/fluid interfaces and latest coding practices. 

I'm sure you took time and many hours of research to select the chat software you have ... and I am also sure that your members fully appreciate the time and money involved, so good going on that front!  (I sincerely hope the technical support 'deliver' on the installation of the new integrated chat package!!).

Sorry to hear that your site was compromised in past, never a pleasant experience!!! .. onward and upward.

Best Regards,

Offline Wizzo

Re: Canadian/French GP Chat Room
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2018, 05:00:31 PM »
Sorry guys,

Still no chatroom for the French GP. Cometchat appear to be struggling with the install/their work load.  |-(

Fingers crossed well have it ready for the next GP. Its not the same without a chat room.

Wiz

Wizzo

Offline Calman

Re: Canadian/French GP Chat Room
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2018, 02:11:37 AM »
Cometchat appear to be struggling with the install/their work load.

I hate to sound harsh Wizzo, but support is part of what you are paying for, so if they can't deliver, I would be looking elsewhere by this point.

Best Regards,

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle