collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 365
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Things we don't know about Canadians  (Read 4665 times)

Online Dare

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

Re: Things we don't know about Canadians
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 10:29:39 PM »
A little embarrassed about the Kraft Dinner part (we actually refer to it in code as KD), and didn’t know about the non-use of growth hormones (not necessary as our cows are as big as American barns anyway), but the rest?  Yeah, it’s about right.

And Happy Canada Day, eh!
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Online Dare

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 12:26:56 AM »
I didn't know if the milk in bags was true......not the
way I'd like to get it.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 07:23:56 AM »
Bagged milk works great.  I wish Switzerland would realize how well it works and eliminates bulky waste.

Offline Calman

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 01:57:16 AM »
'Bagged Milk' and 'Highly Educated' are two options I would dispute in our Canadian Province!

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Online Jericoke

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 03:21:27 PM »
Of course Canada will become happier than Denmark:  we have a Grand Prix race!

Bagged milk isn't national, it's regional.  Ontario and Quebec for sure, not sure where else.  The advantage of bagged milk is immense if you have a family.  The bag comes with a gallon (4 litres) split into thirds.  Thus, as you use up milk, the amount of fridge space used by the remaining milk drops.  When you're down to your last 1/3 of a gallon, you buy another bag.  If you're using jugs, then you have to have 2 gallon jugs in your fridge at all times, what a waste.

Also, if you've ever had a small child try to pour a full gallon of milk, you realize it means cleaning up a gallon of milk.  With the bags it's only 1/3 of a gallon to clean.

The hormone thing is a big source of contention right now.  Trump says it's an unfair tariff, that we won't accept American milk laced with hormones.  We'd buy milk without the hormone if Americans would sell it.

The penny had been useless for many years before, we're glad it's gone.

Wait... there are countries that don't love doughnuts?  I can't even...

And how can the rest of the world waste so much time saying 'Macaroni and Cheese' when 'KD' is so much simpler?

The over 'sorry' gets me a little bit, it's hard to tell when someone is being sincere or reflexive.  It is an effort to empathise the other person though.

Santa Lives at the North Pole.  North Pole is in Canada.  What's so hard about that?

The health care debate is ongoing in Canada.  It costs a hell of a lot of money, and like anything government run it's not known for efficiency.  On the other hand, at the time of your life you don't want to have to worry about anything except getting better, you don't have to worry about anything except getting better.

College educated?  Sure.  The quality of college education?  That's a different story...  When I was in high school it was a 5 year programme, with the fifth year (know as 'Ontario Academic Credit') being the equivalent of taking university level education.  So maybe that counts?

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 03:28:45 PM »
The first thing I thought of with bagged milk was the opening of A Hard Day's Night. Norm (actor Norman Rossington) is trying to open a small bag of milk. He ends up ripping it apart & spilling the milk all over himself.

Bagged milk is available here in the Sates. A friend of mine who is a guard at the local prison says that they serve bagged milk to the inmates.

The thing that disappointed me the most on a visit to Canada was the first time I was offered a double double. Instead of getting a large glass of Jackie D, I ended up with a Timmy's coffee with double cream & double sugar.  :'(
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2018, 09:25:35 PM »
The thing that disappointed me the most on a visit to Canada was the first time I was offered a double double. Instead of getting a large glass of Jackie D, I ended up with a Timmy's coffee with double cream & double sugar.  :'(

Order a Gretzky and you’ll get a large coffee with 9 creams and 9 sugars, or so I’m told (hardly seems like there would be much room for coffee).

Offline Calman

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2018, 10:18:56 PM »
I'm still learning Canadianisms, 15 years on!!! ... and 95% of customs, culture and phrases still baffle me.  By this point, I have my wife (Canadian) using Scottish terms and myself using Canadian terms ... and all the time wondering, "Is this how I've always said it, or I am I converting?"

I still can't bring myself to say "Leeeeeesuire" .... or "Al-oom-Inum"  :DD :DD

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle