Other Sports > Other Sports

249MPH at Le Mans

(1/2) > >>

lkjohnson1950:
Derek Bell talks of 917s and 962s at LeMans. If his memories don't interest you, skip to about 5:45 for in car video of the 917L at 249 MPH on the Mulsanne. No chicanes!!

Calman:
I hate the overuse of this word these days, but it's fitting for a reaction to this footage ..... AWESOME!!!!

Best Regards,
Cal :)

cosworth151:
Fantastic, Lonnie!

Derek's stories confirmed a long-held belief of mine. Of all of the unspeakable evils that the FIA have foisted on the racing world, the destruction of the Mulsane straight with those damned chicanes is by far the worst.

Scott:
What a fun piece to watch.  Thanks Lonny!

:good: :good:

jimclark:

--- Quote from: lkjohnson1950 on July 03, 2018, 03:04:56 AM ---Derek Bell talks of 917s and 962s at LeMans. If his memories don't interest you, skip to about 5:45 for in car video of the 917L at 249 MPH on the Mulsanne. No chicanes!!

--- End quote ---
I've been a Bell fan since "back in the day" but I have a problem with a race spec 917 doing 249 anywhere, let alone on the Mulsanne. That would have made big news back then (like the WM/Peugeot did when it hit 252) but I have no recollection of such news. Methinks that's because it didn't happen.  ;)
'Haven't watched the video (I will)...is it a special 917...not race spec from back then?  :DntKnw:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version