collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 357
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Boullier resigns from McLaren  (Read 5536 times)

guest3164

Boullier resigns from McLaren
« on: July 04, 2018, 10:28:52 AM »
Official statement:

McLAREN RACING ANNOUNCES CHANGES TO LEADERSHIP STRUCTURE
Restructure of racing operations begin process of change

McLaren Racing today announced a leadership restructure of its racing operations, with immediate effect.

McLaren Racing Chief Executive Zak Brown yesterday accepted Eric Boullier’s resignation from his position as Racing Director. He also announced a simplified technical leadership team.

Simon Roberts, COO of McLaren Racing, will oversee production, engineering and logistics. Andrea Stella is appointed Performance Director, responsible for trackside operations. Gil de Ferran takes up the new role of Sporting Director, to maximise the effectiveness of the team’s racing package.

These changes are the beginning of a comprehensive programme of positive changes to the technical leadership of McLaren’s racing organisation. The team will invest to retain and attract the best talent, internally and externally, to return McLaren Racing to the front of the grid.

Zak Brown, CEO, McLaren Racing, said:
“The performance of the MCL33 in 2018 has not met the expectations of anyone at McLaren, especially our loyal fans. This is not the fault of the hundreds of committed and hard-working men and women at McLaren.

“The causes are systemic and structural, which require major change from within. With today’s announcement, we start to address those issues head on and take the first step on our road to recovery.

“I would like to take this opportunity on behalf of the entire team to thank Eric for his service and contribution to McLaren and wish him well in his future endeavours.”

Eric Boullier said:
“I am very proud to have worked with such a brilliant team over the past four years, but I recognise now is the right time for me to step down. I want to wish everyone at McLaren the best for the remainder of the season and for the future.”

guest3164

Re: Boullier resigns from McLaren
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 10:38:49 AM »
Wrong forum, apologies.

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 11:14:08 AM »
So Zak kicks Eric under the bus to preserve his own job a while longer.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Calman

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 11:29:00 AM »
So Zak kicks Eric under the bus to preserve his own job a while longer.

Yup! ... and regardless of how many "geniuses" are out there, we knew that the relationship between Zak and Eric was raw, as Eric's face has told a story for quite a while now - I feel that they had very different ways of handling their affairs.

So, we can assume Fernando is now bye bye's and will probably focus on other motorsport opportunities, as he has wasted enough "what if" years, since leaving Ferrari!!!

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 02:20:36 PM »
Wrong forum, apologies.

Not really, Luke. Boullier is history now.  ;)

I'm afraid that McLaren is about to turn into a circular firing squad. I wonder who'll be next.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Online Jericoke

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 02:57:37 PM »
We knew something had to happen.  Always sad to see someone go, and I imagine he won't be the last.

guest3164

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 02:58:33 PM »

Not really, Luke. Boullier is history now;)

I'm afraid that McLaren is about to turn into a circular firing squad. I wonder who'll be next.

:DD  Very true!

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2018, 04:19:05 PM »
My first reaction to seeing where this thread was filed was haaarsh!

Eric Boullier has never particularly filled me with confidence, but finding oneself in a position where resignation was inevitable is never a pleasant experience. It doesn't surprise me, except perhaps that it might have waited until summer holidays.

The trick will be to get everything settled properly in time for making the next car, so that this reshuffle isn't the excuse for a 2019 stinker.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Calman

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2018, 08:57:32 PM »
The trick will be to get everything settled properly in time for making the next car, so that this reshuffle isn't the excuse for a 2019 stinker.
By this point, I'm not really sure that it matters anymore! ... with the path that McLaren has chosen and the lack of competitiveness, it's unlikely that they will attract a 'top driver' even with a wad of cash on the table.  Let's face it, aside from Alonso's performance, Stoffel has been disappointingly average, so it's likely that they would stick another "average" driver in car #2 for 2019, should Alonso likely walk away.   They managed to hang onto Alonso in 2018, but the competitiveness and promises have failed monumentally!!!

Best Regards,

guest3164

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2018, 10:31:52 AM »
Sadly I am recognising McLaren's current trajectory and it is not going to end well for them.  Sacking staff became Williams forté and unless the right people are brought in (like the Pat Symonds experiment), the sackings are pointless.  It just creates a blame culture within the team as Williams had a while ago and no one would accept blame for fear of being made the next scapegoat.  I like McLaren, they are my 'second' team so it is sad to see them in this situation. 

Offline Scott

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2018, 07:32:02 PM »
Brilliant Brown delivers these comments.  A Marketing Team and Sponsor Relations nightmare.  That car will remain sticker-less for ages.  What team would in their right mind say they might be without a win for the next decade??   :fool: :fool: :fool: :fool:

Bye-Bye Brown.  Give it a couple of weeks at most.

https://www.pitpass.com/62278/Brown-We-are-years-away-from-fighting-for-wins
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

guest3164

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2018, 08:30:29 PM »
I think Brown has images of people just banging down his door to hand over money, something like this

The reality is more like a former gold rush ghost town.  Tumbleweed blowing through the McLaren commercial department.  Ron struggled to get sponsors at the end of the time they were still getting the odd race win, what hope does Brown have with such negativity (however realistic- no one pays to be realistically not winning races!)

Offline Calman

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2018, 02:35:01 AM »
Found a small grin while reading this visitor comment from the link above  ...

"Zak, please return to the States where you're a small fish in a large pond, but stop pretending you can swim in the F1 pond, you've proved you can't."

Best Regards,

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2018, 02:07:17 PM »
Bye bye Eric don't let the crapper door hit you on the way out.  :D
Oh and can you take your one time protégé 'wrecker Romain' out of F1 with you.  :P
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

guest3164

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2018, 02:39:45 PM »
May as well stick it in here and keep with the whole wrong sub forum thing...  McLaren have announced James Key will join them as Technical Director, which apparently is news to Toro Rosso who say he is still under contract. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle