collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 379
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Hamilton signs for Two More at Merc  (Read 2980 times)

Offline cosworth151

Hamilton signs for Two More at Merc
« on: July 20, 2018, 08:51:28 PM »
Lewis Hamilton has signed up for two more years at Mercedes. That will keep him there until the end of the 2020 season.

“This contract extension has basically been a formality since Toto and I sat down during the winter, so it’s good to put pen to paper, announce it and then get on with business as usual,” Hamilton said. “I have been part of the Mercedes racing family for 20 years and I have never been happier inside a team than I am right now.

https://racer.com/2018/07/19/hamilton-extends-mercedes-deal/

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Calman

Re: Hamilton signs for Two More at Merc
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 04:06:48 AM »
Thought I'd hook onto this topic, rather than start a new one.

So, will Hammy be penniless by the time he reaches 60y/o?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/f1-racing-champ-lewis-hamilton-buys-manhattan-penthouse-for-40-7-million-11547067872

I know he must have acquired a million, billion, trillion pennies, but surely if he keeps this up, he won't be able to afford a Campervan in 25 years time!!

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 01:59:58 PM »
Calman if you have that sort of income your hardly going to just leave it in the Bank now are you.  ::)

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 06:13:44 PM »
Unless climate change puts Manhattan under water, the value of a penthouse will only go up. A fairly good investment.
Lonny

Offline Calman

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 06:41:41 PM »
I guess you are right guys!!

I'm probably a shade green that he has $4.95 more than me!!  (after his second Manhattan purchase of course) :DD :DD :DD

Best Regards,

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 06:48:15 PM »
Unless climate change puts Manhattan under water, the value of a penthouse will only go up. A fairly good investment.
Completely agree.  Can’t lose on that.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 08:45:37 PM »
Completely agree.  Can’t lose on that.

New York has a loophole that you pay tax based on the footprint of your property, and nothing else.  Thus, a single family home built on the same property as a 500 unit condo has the same tax burden... that is to say the penthouse owner pays 500% less tax than if he had the same sized house.

It took a long time for developers to discover this loophole, but now that they have the number of 'expensive' apartments in New York is going to triple year over year.

If this loophole is closed (and why wouldn't it?  it's an easy tax grab), there will be a very large number of apartments that are 500X more expensive to own, yet will have no more equity.

Not saying that Hamilton is going to lose his shirt in the Manhattan condo bubble, but just that I hope he's moving there to enjoy the city, not build a nest egg.

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 03:41:24 AM »
The Manhattan real estate bubble dates back to the depression.  Jiggering property tax won’t make anyone blink.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 07:51:23 PM »
If this loophole is closed (and why wouldn't it?  it's an easy tax grab), there will be a very large number of apartments that are 500X more expensive to own, yet will have no more equity.

The tax money goes to the government. The grease money from the big developers (like Fearless Leader Donnie) goes to the politicians. In other words, ain't gonna happen.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Calman

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2019, 09:34:11 PM »
So, the latest story on Hammy (but more entertaining is his Playboy to Pensioner photo comparisons).  I think he will age well! ... a few quid in the bank always helps!!  :D

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/14/lewis-hamilton-far-slumming-leaves-fancy-restaurant-bunch-models-8342570/

Best Regards,

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle