collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 515
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Drives for 2019?  (Read 2975 times)

Offline Robem64

Drives for 2019?
« on: August 17, 2018, 06:21:10 AM »
Am I reading this right in terms of driver slots for next year?

So the only confirmed drives for next year (at time of writing) are:-

Mercedes - HAM & BOT
Ferrari - VET
Red Bull - VER
McLaren - SAI
Renault - RIC & HUL

All other slots are up for grabs?

"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

Offline Calman

Re: Drives for 2019?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 06:37:49 AM »
Pretty much Rob!

This is the story so far, but as you know, in true F1 fashion, the rumours will change faster than a Sumo Wrestler's "attire" after a consuming an authentic Vindaloo before a "main event" bout.

http://www.f1i.com/news/314024-current-status-2019-drivers.html

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Robem64

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 06:52:03 AM »
Thanks Cal...i'm not going mad then.

I look forward to watching how it all shakes down for next season. Given I've already booked up for the Melbourne opener next year, it could make for an interesting first grid to keep up with.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 02:33:38 PM »
I guess we know that Gasly, Leclerc, & Stroll are guaranteed seats on the grid but at which team is still not settled officially.

Also Magnusson if not contracted is a definite at Haas, and Sirotkin will probably still be at Williams so long as his backers can bring the cash again - I mean who else (with a super licence or enough points for one) will stump up $15/20m for a seat in the last place team..... ah wait a minute that'd be Perez if there's no other seat available.  :D

Other than that we haven't seen such an open situation in the driver market for years. This has all backed up because of the Ricciardo & Alonso hesitations, now they're sorted more dominoes will fall into place.     
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Calman

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 06:39:49 PM »
Other than that we haven't seen such an open situation in the driver market for years. This has all backed up because of the Ricciardo & Alonso hesitations, now they're sorted more dominoes will fall into place.   

You stole my thoughts!!!!  .. I was going to say pretty much the same thing.  After recent years, the driver market has been stagnant, with all the "good seats" taken and nothing more to talk about, other than who is changing seats at the back of the grid.   Clearly, the Sainz situation, Danny Ric moving to Renault and Fernando hanging up his boots (for now???) ... has spiced things up for the "bums on seats" season which is now upon us F1 fans.

As mentioned, I think the main focus is on that 2nd McLaren seat and should Ferrari stick with Kim AGAIN!!! ... all eyes will be on drivers like Ocon, Perez, Gasly and Leclerc!!! (and potential newcomers to the madhouse).

Best Regards,

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 07:35:08 PM »
Aside from the fact that according to ageism Kimi shouldn’t be performing as well as he is, he deserves the seat next year more than anyone I can think of.  The guy just keeps performing as long as the car or the crew don’t let him down.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 07:44:17 PM »
Aside from the fact that according to ageism Kimi shouldn’t be performing as well as he is, he deserves the seat next year more than anyone I can think of.  The guy just keeps performing as long as the car or the crew don’t let him down.

I'd prefer a bit of a shake up and Perez given a shot at the Ferrari seat, Kimi can get a nice retirement package from Stroll's dad helping put the FIF1 team further up the grid next year.  ;)  :D

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2018, 03:31:04 PM »
I agree that K-Mag has a lock on this seat at Haas if he wants it. I hope that Kimi stays at Ferrari.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2018, 09:30:31 PM »
Now it looks like Lando Norris will replace Stoffel Vandoorne at McLaren, maybe very soon.

https://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/battle-shaping-between-stoffel-vandoorne-lando-norris-mclaren-f1-seat
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Calman

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2018, 11:57:56 PM »
I think anyone new to F1 can clearly see that if you had to gamble which drivers were at risk of not being on the grid in 2019, Brendon Hartley and Stoffel Vandoorne's names would float to the top of the list!!

Best Regards,

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2018, 10:53:15 AM »
The list should include Ocon, if Perez claim to have a lock on the Force India seat is right.
Anyone recall Pascal another Merc sponsored driver who ran out of road when the team he was with changed it's financial package suddenly. 

Offline Robem64

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2018, 07:22:57 AM »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle