Everything Else > Cool Stuff

Things considered normal in the US

(1/3) > >>

Dare:
https://www.thisisinsider.com/things-normal-in-the-us-but-considered-weird-2018-8

cosworth151:
They do pay tax on most everything, but it's a VAT (hidden) tax that is figured into the price. We're just more up front about it.

If memory serves, F1 cars run on 13 inch wheels.   ;)

The red cup thing started about ten years ago with this song:

Dare:

--- Quote from: cosworth151 on August 22, 2018, 12:24:31 AM ---They do pay tax on most everything, but it's a VAT (hidden) tax that is figured into the price. We're just more up front about it.

If memory serves, F1 cars run on 13 inch wheels.   ;)

The red cup thing started about ten years ago with this song:

--- End quote ---

I think it said their tax is already figured in. They just
added a tax on bowling here. I always thought that was
already figured in the price. Surprised they don't tax water out
of a water fountain or the air we breath

Scott:
The one that stands out for me is the advertising of prescription drugs.  A while back I bought a Newsweek magazine and it seemed like 3/4 of the ads were for prescription drugs, always followed by an entire page of warnings about the drug.  Our prescriptions are all included in our health care here...there is nothing to choose.

The toplessness on beaches is a red herring.  There are certainly places where nudity is accepted, and nobody bats an eye if a woman goes topless while sunbathing (they almost always cover up to stand up and go in the water), but I would guess the number of topless women at a typical beach in Europe to be around 2-3%. 

Ian:
Yup, your way of writing the date is weird.
Nothing wrong with showing your flag, not enough of it here.
Certainly nothing wrong with Imperial measurement.
That'd be too much ice for me, 1 or 2 lumps is plenty for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version