collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 326
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Can new Racing Point Force India F1 deal still unravel?  (Read 3950 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Can new Racing Point Force India F1 deal still unravel?
« on: August 27, 2018, 01:20:50 PM »
According to comments from unnamed F1 team boss to racefans.net the current Force India situation could still result in derailment. Seems there may be more dodgy ingredients in the agreements than in a back street Balti curry. :D

12pm
I meet with a team boss, who insists their name be withheld, who confirms various discrepancies in the Force India waiver process, and provides additional information. His prognosis is that the entire process is likely to be derailed – possibly even by the courts – and that F1 will need to start again. And that reckons without Uralkali’s demands for satisfactory answers from the administrators.

Excerpt from raceday paddock diary courtesy Dieter Rencken racefans.net, 27th Aug.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

Re: Can new Racing Point Force India F1 deal still unravel?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 01:43:30 PM »
That would be a shame.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 02:05:01 PM »
This is a thing this team does not need. I sincerely hope FRP Advisory dotted all their "i"s and crossed all their "t"s on this one.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

guest3164

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 06:49:35 PM »
I would imagine that the Administrators would have done their jobs properly and that Uralkali are playing the role of sore loser.  There would have been little in being underhand as the Administrators will be the ones who suffer any legal consequences should there have been any wrong doing.  Offering the most money upfront isn't always the best deal long term which is what they would have been looking for. 

With regards to which team, I can only imagine it began with H and ended with and 'ass' sound. 

That said, I do think there is a lot that needs to be cleared up as although I do not want to lose a team from the grid, a lot feels rushed and 'unfair' on the other teams if Racing Point Force India are allowed to carry on as a new team but with all their old benefits maintained.  Things need to be made very clear for everyone to just let the racing side of the team be the focus at last.

Online Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 07:14:43 PM »
I'm hoping that the next Concorde doesn't punish new teams quite so much.  The current rules were intended to create continuity, so investors would prefer to take over a team instead of create one.  Since that's clearly a mess almost every single time, they need to find a better way to transfer the licences without punishing investors while still protecting employees.

No matter what happens, Haas, Williams and Sauber will be screwed; unless Ferrari, Mercedes and Red Bull are truly interested in the sport itself more than their own short team gains.

As for 'The New Force India' continuing or folding, I don't know that there's a legal precedent to stand on, so it's going to be a fight between different parties who are interested in getting paid.  Of course the FIA wants 10 teams.  Of course Haas is upset that they had to wait to get Concorde money.  Of course Williams is upset that some upstart is going to finish ahead of them in the WCC.  Legally, I think that Haas and Williams are right.  In terms of what's best for the sport, the FIA is right (did I just say that?).  I just don't know if the FIA has the power to tear up Concorde though.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 08:51:56 PM »
There isn't a precedent but there is a regulatory process. The FIA has sole control over admissions. The teams can vote on whether they consider a team worthy of receiving Column 1 payments. A new entry cannot have their points combined with the previous iteration no matter how obvious the connection.

If the FIA has messed up the vote enough for Haas to protest it, then the FIA - and possibly Racing Point Force India - has a big problem on its hands.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Online Jericoke

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2018, 03:05:49 PM »
There isn't a precedent but there is a regulatory process. The FIA has sole control over admissions. The teams can vote on whether they consider a team worthy of receiving Column 1 payments. A new entry cannot have their points combined with the previous iteration no matter how obvious the connection.

If the FIA has messed up the vote enough for Haas to protest it, then the FIA - and possibly Racing Point Force India - has a big problem on its hands.

Imagine if the Force India successors have to re apply for each race?  Starting as a new entry each time, unable to accumulate points as a constructor.  That might be a compromise that the smaller teams can get behind.

One interesting side effect is that team orders would be meaningless except in the last race.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2018, 04:28:28 PM »
Don't go giving them ideas, Jeri!   ;)

There is an old saying: When elephants fight, it is the grass that suffers. It's a shame that all of the hard working team members at Force India are getting the short end of the stick here.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Online Jericoke

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2018, 07:59:54 PM »
Don't go giving them ideas, Jeri!   ;)

There is an old saying: When elephants fight, it is the grass that suffers. It's a shame that all of the hard working team members at Force India are getting the short end of the stick here.

Oh, the Concorde Agreement seems to be least interested in the people who depend on F1 to put food on the table no matter which way you slice it.

I hope that can be addressed whenever they make a new one. 

As I'm wont to do, I'll compare it with American sports leagues.  If an owner in baseball, hockey, football or basketball suddenly can't meet their commitments to their employees, the league itself will take ownership of the team.  In essence the remaining owners pool their resources and fund the delinquent team. 

It provides an incentive for all teams to be run as responsibly as possible, otherwise a strong team might end up propping up a few weak teams.  It also puts the owners on the same side, something that F1 is sorely lacking.

guest3164

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2018, 09:23:01 PM »
Even then Jeri they'd still finish above Williams  :'(

Offline Robem64

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2018, 09:06:27 AM »
"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

guest3164

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2018, 09:43:29 AM »
Just seems Force India aren't ready yet to disrupt their line-up to bring in the prodigal son.  I don't blame them, but I do wish they'd hurry it up!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle