collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 314
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Vettel: ‘I’m racing three cars, including Kimi’  (Read 2283 times)

Offline Monty

Vettel: ‘I’m racing three cars, including Kimi’
« on: September 05, 2018, 02:40:15 PM »
Ferrari have fired drivers for this level of dissent!
https://www.planetf1.com/news/vettel-im-racing-three-cars-including-kimi/

Offline cosworth151

Re: Vettel: ‘I’m racing three cars, including Kimi’
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 03:21:45 PM »
I wonder how much Vettel has to do with the reports that Kimi will be replaced by LeClerc?
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 03:47:53 PM »
The only time he "races" Kimi is in Q3. And let's be honest, Seb usually wins that battle. If he had let Lewis by and re-passed him later, as Kimi did, he probably would have won. Ferrari would have botched Kimi's strategy or done a slow pitstop , or if worst came to worst said "Kimi, Seb is faster than you".
Lonny

Offline Dare

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 11:22:31 PM »
Really,what's there to follow in F1? A bunch of over paid
arrogant jerks you wouldn't want to hang around with. If
Kimi is gone I'll have to consider if I want to watch these clowns next year.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 01:02:43 AM »
Hey Dare you love F1 same as the rest of us so why give up because of a simple half wit statement. There's more to it than this, don't give up cos one voice is nonsense.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 10:09:39 AM »
This is why I tend to watch the midfield and not the front, because the front tends to be monotonous, but dressed up in an attempt to make it look less predictable than, say, 2000 (which is statistically less predictable at the front than 2018). If the top 3 teams left F1 but agreed to continue providing engines, there'd be a good series there. However, F1 feels it needs those teams far more than those teams need F1, which gives Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull all the power.

Third cars to the only three teams that could afford to field them would simply make things even more monotonous at the front and make it more difficult for the gap to be bridged.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

guest3164

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 10:34:26 AM »
I wouldn't want to not see Ferrari in F1, but I could live without a factory Mercedes team and Red Bull.  I would want Ferrari to play by the same rules and funding as the independent smaller teams but that won't happen.  I do agree teams like Mercedes and Renault should just go and be engine providers, it would make things more interesting, but even then there would probably be a 'preferable' customer and then others who get less good deals.  Maybe we just need 10 (preferably more) teams all using Cosworth engines.  Spec engines but different cars, sounds more exciting to me!

Offline Dare

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 12:58:02 PM »
I wouldn't want to not see Ferrari in F1, but I could live without a factory Mercedes team and Red Bull.  I would want Ferrari to play by the same rules and funding as the independent smaller teams but that won't happen.  I do agree teams like Mercedes and Renault should just go and be engine providers, it would make things more interesting, but even then there would probably be a 'preferable' customer and then others who get less good deals.  Maybe we just need 10 (preferably more) teams all using Cosworth engines.  Spec engines but different cars, sounds more exciting to me!

Trouble is if you want Mercedes and Renault as strictly
enging providers you'd have to include Ferrari as well
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Robem64

"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

guest3164

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2018, 06:08:04 PM »
Trouble is if you want Mercedes and Renault as strictly
enging providers you'd have to include Ferrari as well

Good point well made. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle