Other Sports > Other Sports

500 wins for Penske

(1/1)

Jericoke:
Team Penske is one of the most historic names in all of motorsport.  They have run in many series, I would argue that any series of consequence has had at least 1 Penske car since 1966, and thanks to Brad Keselowski winning a NASCAR race on Sunday, they've won 500 races.

I don't know how that stacks up to other teams.  Honestly, the only names nearly so big I can imagine are Ferrari and McLaren, and I don't know how much success they've had in other series.

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2018/story/_/id/24705078/team-penske-earns-500th-all-win

cosworth151:
This year alone, NASCAR will run 41 races in the Monster Energy series & 34 in the Xfinity. Penske runs 5 NASCAR teams. An owner can rack up a lot of wins that way. Richard Petty has 200 wins himself as a driver just in the Cup (now Monster Energy) series.

Add to that Penske's wins in IndyCar, CART, IMSA.....

lkjohnson1950:
Penske has never done as well in NASCAR as in IndyCar. He and Mark Donohue started in SCCA a looong time ago. They had success in Can-Am and dominated Trans-Am a couple of seasons. Personally though, I have never taken to the man.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version