Other Sports > Other Sports

Formula E

(1/5) > >>

lkjohnson1950:
Formula E has begun testing their 2ND gen cars. Looks more like something you'd see at Le Mans than as an alternate to F1.

https://www.racefans.net/2018/10/16/pictures-formula-e-second-generation-car-begins-testing/felipe-massa-bra-venturi-formula-e/

cosworth151:
Many of us thought that they could never come up with an uglier car than the Gen I Formula E. They have met & surpassed that mark.

Some of you remember the final version of the Can-Am. They put full body kits on F5000 (a.k.a. Formula Atlantic) cars. This looks kind of like a modern version of that idea.

John S:
Well Formula E has now lost any notion of being an open wheel series.
Yeah deffo odd looking, not impressed at all.  :(

I guess this stems from the problem of a same make series, you've got to have plenty of things it appears teams can fiddle with fettle in order to create a competitive difference. Shame is they probably can't - or shouldn't - alter any of the bodywork.  :D 

Jericoke:
Looks like it was designed by a Hotwheels modeller, or a PR committee.

They're not appealing to race fans, but trying to draw in new fans.  New fans don't really care what a race car is 'supposed' to look like, just what will make them watch.

The problem is F1 fans aren't going to watch Formula E.  Not that we don't want to (though that's true for many of us), but if we're interested in following multiple series, we already are.  I can't watch F1, IndyCar, NASCAR, DTM, WRC, WEC and THEN add on Formula E.

I applaud Formula E.  I think the idea that an F1 car MUST use an internal combustion engine is ridiculous, so if F1 isn't going to move into the present, it's a gap someone has to fill.  However, until Formula E provides what F1 does:  top drivers, top engineers, distinct cars/teams/technology, then I'm just not going to swap. 

I'm definitely not going to swap if they won't at least pretend to be high tech F1 cars.

Ian:
Formula E is not for me, tried it but was bored very quickly.  :nono:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version