F1 News & Discussions > F1 Teams

Haas Signs Rich Energy as Sponsor

<< < (2/4) > >>

cosworth151:
Around here, Rich is a regional chain of cheapo gas stations that usually sell far more cigarettes than gas. That's what I thought of when I heard Rich Energy.

I hope it doesn't turn out like the SS United sponsorship of Super Aguri did.

Alianora La Canta:

--- Quote from: Luke on October 28, 2018, 08:20:00 AM ---The weird thing is they had allegedly (according to Sky/BBC) agreed to sponsor Williams, but Haas offered them the same title sponsorship package but for half the price.  Why would Haas do that?  Has Gene lost some of his interest in the sport now it is clear you can only get to be 'best of the rest' as a customer?

--- End quote ---

Because upstaging a more prestigious competitor has its own value, even if it's only in the field of sponsorship.

cosworth151:
It might also be that Rich is looking to get into the American market and Gene knows that half a loaf is better than none.

Calman:
They are not a team that I pay particular close attention to, in all honesty ... but, could the new partnership have HAAS look a bit like the old lotus paint job??

As far as paint jobs go, I thought their 2018 looked pretty decent.

Best Regards,
Cal :)

John S:
Seems to me that new black livery is desined to wind up Renault.  :D

After all the two teams have been fierce competitors both on and off the track this year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version