collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 358
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Webber concern for DanRic  (Read 3291 times)

Offline Robem64

"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

Offline Jericoke

Re: Webber concern for DanRic
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 02:16:13 PM »
Ricciardo is on of the drivers who seems to enjoy the non racing of F1 the most.  Maybe it's an act, but does anyone seem to be enjoying the interminable interviews more than Daniel?  Considering how often he's giving interviews in bad circumstances, I'd understand if he approached them with a dour face, but even the darkest clouds have big silver lining where Ricciardo is involved.

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 05:16:23 PM »
I’m a bit surprised someone like Webber is trying to assess DR’s psychological health, when Mark’s career showed him to be mentally weak, especially against Vettel.

DR doesn’t seem phased by anything or anyone.  Of course he’s going to show frustration when he keeps having power unit failures, but I think he understands better than even Webber, that 2019 is going to be a new year, with new regulations, and Renault is going to step up their commitment and budget.

I think DR knows exactly what he’s doing, and I’m glad he made the choice to leave a toxic situation and has the courage to go somewhere with huge potential, and not somewhere where he’ll just get tucked into a nice, safe, fast car.  Good for him.  Webber on the other hand took the abuse from Vettel, but didn’t have the courage to go somewhere where he could perhaps be a leader and not just a tailgunner.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 06:13:25 PM »
I think it's that Daniel said to give the car to Pierre when retiring his car last time out. That's pretty rare for someone to say on-camera. I don't think it's psychological weakness to say it in the context Daniel is in - but something was definitely off.

Daniel said on Friday (I think) that he really just needed a few days off. I hope it's that simple, and it probably is. Nagging doubts persist, perhaps unreasonably.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 06:56:29 PM »
I was referring more to Webber’s comments about how DR will handle being at Renault next year. 

Now that he is not beholden to RBR, he has some wiggle room regarding his criticism of his current team, and I think he was still thinking clearly when in fact he didn’t directly criticize the engine, but the whole car. 

Offline Calman

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 01:41:44 AM »
This would also add to Danny Ric's fans concerns ...

https://thewest.com.au/sport/f1/daniel-ricciardo-admits-to-outbursts-after-shocking-final-season-at-red-bull-ng-b881048150z

Sounds like he was just as talented at "late breaking" with his fist/elbow and knees off the track during his 2018 campaign.  The obvious concern being, if things don't fly at Renault, will we see more Danny Ric frustration/outbursts and less of Danny Ric "all smiles and jokes" ?? 

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 07:39:22 PM »
Too bad he didn’t take his frustrations out on Max a couple of times  ;) :D

Just because he smiles and jokes doesn’t mean he can’t be just as emotional when angry.  He has had every right to have a few meltdowns, in fact three makes him mild mannered.  But your point was if his fans should be worried, and I am not.  He is one of the most maturely behaved drivers on the grid,on and off the track, and I don’t see that changing.

Offline Calman

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2018, 07:55:11 PM »
Too bad he didn’t take his frustrations out on Max a couple of times  ;) :D

That's where I feel that stressed situations must have presented themselves, in a similar way to the Webber/Vettel days.  I always remember seeing Mark Webber on Top Gear and of course, the question on how he got along with his team mate came up.  Mark's answer was something along the lines of "my folks always told me that you're not to hit little boys!".    I bet Danny Ric had similar thoughts on many occasions throughout 2017/18 towards Mad Max!!

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2018, 08:11:30 PM »
It's very hard to accept that another driver is able to equal or beat you regularly, or even at all, in the same equipment when you have been the lead driver.

The mark of a top bloke is that you don't resort to dirty or less than honest stuff, on that count both Mark and Danny Ric come out as true F1 sportsmen in my book.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Dare

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2018, 09:30:41 PM »
Webber's best run for the WDC lost was
his own fault. He broke his rib's riding a bike.
Shoukd have had his priorities lined out. As for DR
I agree a fist aimed at beady eyes would have made me happy
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2018, 02:55:47 PM »

The trouble is that cycling is deemed part of staying fit, thus part of a driver's job and supposed to help with title campaigns. (Being hit by a vehicle while cycling, while emphatically not part of a driver's job or helpful to a title campaign, isn't something to which drivers and teams have found a mutually acceptable solution for yet. Drivers find it difficult/impossible to replicate that level of training from a stationary cycle, alas).
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Scott

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2018, 04:29:48 PM »

The trouble is that cycling is deemed part of staying fit, thus part of a driver's job and supposed to help with title campaigns. (Being hit by a vehicle while cycling, while emphatically not part of a driver's job or helpful to a title campaign, isn't something to which drivers and teams have found a mutually acceptable solution for yet. Drivers find it difficult/impossible to replicate that level of training from a stationary cycle, alas).

Plus, he was hit by a car...the worst danger in biking is idiots in cars (yes, frustrated drivers can now jump down my throat - but I ride on the edge of the road and am very aware of my surroundings and other vehicles...yet have still had WAY too many close calls because drivers are not paying attention or are too aggressive).

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle