collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 367
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Max and Ocon  (Read 5255 times)

Offline Jericoke

Re: Max and Ocon
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2018, 08:12:15 PM »
I want to like Max as he is fast and F1 needs fast drivers in good cars, but I prefer Ricciardo at Red Bull and am saddened to see Red Bull favour Max.  They have picked the wrong horse and it will come back to bite them.  He does not learn his lessons, or if he does he unlearns them after a couple of races.  I worry how long we are going to be stuck with him.  Honestly, at least racers like Palmer and Sirotkin appear like decent individuals even if they are not blisteringly fast.  Max is becoming increasingly self-entitled due to the behaviour of his father and his team.  It won't happen, but I'd love it if Gasly beats him next year.  Even more so I'd love it if a Ricciardo driven Renault beats him.

I agree about Max, just when he seems to finally be getting past his past, he goes back to square one.  He's got the skills to win, he's got the attitude to do what it takes.  He just doesn't have the temperament.  It's true that 'championship' attitude can rub people the wrong way (which previous champions weren't seen as arrogant and even entitled?)

If Max could just suck it up, I could get behind him, but no, he had to close the door on a faster back marker to preserve a 5 second lead?

I remember Schumacher especially was very good at giving back markers racing space when he was cruising to victory.  One race (I can't remember which) he even slowed to allow the cars ahead of him to fight for another lap, if he'd passed on his way to the finish line, they'd have been locked in where they were.  (To be fair, the trailing car was Ralph... who did make the pass on the 'bonus' lap Michael gave them)

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2018, 07:47:03 AM »
I want to like Max as he is fast and F1 needs fast drivers in good cars, but I prefer Ricciardo at Red Bull and am saddened to see Red Bull favour Max.  They have picked the wrong horse and it will come back to bite them.  He does not learn his lessons, or if he does he unlearns them after a couple of races.  I worry how long we are going to be stuck with him.  Honestly, at least racers like Palmer and Sirotkin appear like decent individuals even if they are not blisteringly fast.  Max is becoming increasingly self-entitled due to the behaviour of his father and his team.  It won't happen, but I'd love it if Gasly beats him next year.  Even more so I'd love it if a Ricciardo driven Renault beats him.

I agree about Max, just when he seems to finally be getting past his past, he goes back to square one.  He's got the skills to win, he's got the attitude to do what it takes.  He just doesn't have the temperament.  It's true that 'championship' attitude can rub people the wrong way (which previous champions weren't seen as arrogant and even entitled?)

Fangio, most of the other title-winning drivers before the mid-1970s (the main exception is Surtees, and even that tended to depend on one's viewpoint), Andretti, Hill, Hakkinen, Button. It's about 50-50 even at that level...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Ian

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2018, 12:21:24 AM »
Luke, I think a lot of us would love to see Danny Ric trounce him.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle