collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 379
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: With live F1 leaving free to air in Britain next year here comes FE on BBC  (Read 4902 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Trust them to stick the knife in!  >:D 

They lost F1 coverage years ago so now they want to help try to bury it in the country who's economy it helps the most.  :crazy:

What a present for us the funders of the BBC.  …..We're the stupid :fool:

http://f1i.com/news/323843-bbc-digital-rights-live-formula-e-2019.html

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

I don’t completely blame the BBC.  They can’t afford F1.  F-e was supposed to compliment F1, even running it’s schedule during f1’s off season.  I think the BBC will find that nobody is watching F-e and it’ll be cancelled after a season or two.  I was kind of interested when it first started, but a month between races, a 5 race season and that silly switch cars at the pit stop soured me off it.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alianora La Canta

The BBC in general is having trouble holding onto mainstream sports, so it's switched tack and focusing on mass-participation and upcoming sports and series. Formula E is an upcoming series that it wishes to spotlight.

Though the online-only approach makes me think they haven't paid much for it and don't expect it to need much spotlighting...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline rmassart

I was kind of interested when it first started, but a month between races, a 5 race season and that silly switch cars at the pit stop soured me off it.

I don't follow it either very much, but I checked the schedule and they do now have 13 races. Still too much time between races, but some are only 2 weeks apart and the final two are on the same weekend. Which is odd, but quite an interesting idea.

They also now have timed races, rather than laps per race. So they race for 45 minutes, plus an extra lap.  This could be interesting for F1. Imagine they had to race 100 minutes, irrespective of laps. It might make tyre management and overall strategy an entirely different ball game. I'm thinking of the leader on worn tyres going as slowly as possible to maximise time and minimise tyre use!

Also, this is the first season there will be no car swapovers mid-race.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Also, this is the first season there will be no car swapovers mid-race.

Might see some, or many, run out of juice then.  ;)

'Back to the future' then as they look likely to re-create the petrol turbo era of F1 with less finishers than point scoring places.  :D

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Online cosworth151

That may be why they changed the race format.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Ian

What really bugs me though is that BBC dropped F1 like a hot potato but they flood  BBC1 and 2 with Wimbledon, plus the only time they show the England rugby union team playing at Twickenham is in the 6 Nations championships, all the other games are on flipping sky.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Warmwater

I would love to watch the electric races, but have not stumbled across a channel that covers them. I have Canadian Shaw satellite with hundreds of channels, even BBC Canada, does anyone know of a channel that broadcasts FE?
Is there a website that is good at coverage?  Maybe I should google it  :crazy: 
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.” ― Mario Andretti.

I would love to watch the electric races, but have not stumbled across a channel that covers them. I have Canadian Shaw satellite with hundreds of channels, even BBC Canada, does anyone know of a channel that broadcasts FE?
Is there a website that is good at coverage?  Maybe I should google it  :crazy:

Fox Sports covers it in Canada (RDS also had the Zurich round, for some reason).
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

Offline Warmwater

Thanks Alianora, found Fox Sports on channel 066, didn't know it was there.
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.” ― Mario Andretti.

guest3164

It seems Sky Sport's new boss has taken a dislike to Ted Kravitz and has, by all accounts, fired him.  That will be a big hole in Sky's coverage even with Chandhok and Button coming on board. 

Offline Scott

I’ll missTed...never had an option to watch on Sky, but his pit walks were always on YouTube within a day or two of the broadcasts.

Offline Ian

Not for me, watched it once and that was more than enough.  :nono:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Scott

I guess I’ll kiss English F1 coverage goodbye. 

I’ll give F-E another whirl just to see if they’ve improved.  Is Bernie in charge at F-E?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle