collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 375
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Stroll to "Force India (or Whatever)"!  (Read 5090 times)

Online Dare

Re: Stroll to "Force India (or Whatever)"!
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2018, 01:02:45 PM »
One thing in Sergio's favour is he brings a not inconsiderable amount of cash from Mexico that undoubtedly helps pay a chunk of the team's budget.  As long as that keeps coming and he doesn't kick up a fuss, I think he'll be kept on.

You mean kicking up a fussby making lance look bad
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2018, 01:39:29 PM »
I don't think there are any other F1-interested cousins in the Stroll family. Lance has a sister... ...who tried to become a singer. No idea what she does now.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Online Dare

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2018, 01:44:56 PM »
I don't think there are any other F1-interested cousins in the Stroll family. Lance has a sister... ...who tried to become a singer. No idea what she does now.

I didn't know I had a half brother until about 5 months
ago. Maybe Lance does too  ;)
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

guest3164

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2018, 03:12:33 PM »
One thing in Sergio's favour is he brings a not inconsiderable amount of cash from Mexico that undoubtedly helps pay a chunk of the team's budget.  As long as that keeps coming and he doesn't kick up a fuss, I think he'll be kept on.

You mean kicking up a fussby making lance look bad

Pretty much, yup!

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2018, 04:52:29 PM »

They're not related but I'm sure I read that Nicholas Latifi's dad had put money into Stroll's buyout pot - or was it another team - or both?  :confused:

If he's part of the consortium in time young Nic may join an all Canadian party at Racing Point.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

guest3164

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2018, 05:39:44 PM »

They're not related but I'm sure I read that Nicholas Latifi's dad had put money into Stroll's buyout pot - or was it another team - or both?  :confused:

If he's part of the consortium in time young Nic may join an all Canadian party at Racing Point.

Latifi put money into McLaren and has also clearly put a wedge into Williams given his son has been announced as Williams' reserve driver for 2019! 

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2018, 08:15:42 PM »

Latifi put money into McLaren and has also clearly put a wedge into Williams given his son has been announced as Williams' reserve driver for 2019!

It is hard for Canadian racers to break into 'big league' racing.  We don't have any domestic series that garner attention, especially not open wheel.  Canadians have to travel to the USA, Europe or Asia to get their foot in the door, but we're seen as outsiders, the junior series are meant to promote local talent. 

Naturally in motorsport, money talks.  I'm not sure why we suddenly have Canadians paying to get into F1, I would expect paying to run in lower series and getting good results would gain attention in F1.  Coverage for Canadian racers in Canada is scant, so I'd never heard of Stroll pre Williams, nor Latifi until just today.

(I think the defecit in Canadian motorsport goes back to Greg Moore.  He probably would have ended up in F1 just as Jacques' career was winding down which would have kept nationwide interest in the sport high)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle