collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 528
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Teams, Drivers, Partnerships and Race Numbers in 2019 ...  (Read 1878 times)

Offline Calman

Teams, Drivers, Partnerships and Race Numbers in 2019 ...
« on: November 30, 2018, 11:19:09 PM »
Here is the rundown for 2019 ...

With all the exiting changes to Teams, Drivers and Partnerships, it sounds like the tumbleweed will blow past Williams, who as quoted, will become "plain old Williams" in 2019, with the loss of Martini.  Sure there will be more of a shakeup, but maybe nothing stirred?  :D

FIA 2019 Entry List:
http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/964914394?-2724:768

Best Regards,
Cal :)

Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Jericoke

Re: Teams, Drivers, Partnerships and Race Numbers in 2019 ...
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 04:28:23 PM »
I actually looked up with Mission Winnow was... I must say, I'm not a fan.  Makes it easier for me to dislike Ferrari for lending their name to it.

I do hope that teams like McLaren and Williams can pick up title sponsors along the way.  I believe that Bernie did a lot of the work to get sponsors involved in the sport, I don't know if Liberty is sticking up for the teams like Bernie did.

guest3164

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 07:46:49 PM »
Well, Williams have signed a deal with PKN Orlen to have logos all over the car, so not sure a title sponsorship is going to be on the card for at least the next two years.  I must admit though, it's quite nice to just see Williams Racing again.  I feel the Martini link up ended up a missed opportunity with liveries that got increasingly dull and team merchandise that was totally underwhelming. 

I am just not sure F1 is as big a draw now for the companies with the bank accounts big enough to pay for title sponsorship deals.  Which is a pity, but putting the show behind paywalls doesn't help.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 08:25:55 PM »
Not really a change for Ferrari. Mission Winnow was formerly Phillip Morris, the makers of Marlboro.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 02:59:51 PM »
Not really a change for Ferrari. Mission Winnow was formerly Phillip Morris, the makers of Marlboro.

Sure, we can demonize tobacco companies and choose to ignore Ferrari is just taking dirty money.  People can choose to smoke, or not.  I don't drink Red Bull, I don't drink Martini, most F1 sponsors aren't part of my daily life, no big deal.

Mission Winnow is a far more devious branch of PMI that is using science to get customers hooked on their products.  They're barely one step away from a bunch of cackling villains tenting their fingers, and that's the best the PR firm could come up with!

guest3164

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 03:15:35 PM »
That said I did order the Mission Winnow book of Kimi's Haiku.  It had better not come with 20 Marlboro. 

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 04:55:33 PM »
That said I did order the Mission Winnow book of Kimi's Haiku.  It had better not come with 20 Marlboro.

No Luke you don't get the cigs you've paid for they donate them to someone in a 3rd world country on your behalf.  ;) :D  :tease:

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

guest3164

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2018, 05:38:13 PM »
No Luke you don't get the cigs you've paid for they donate them to someone in a 3rd world country on your behalf.  ;) :D  :tease:

Well, that's alright then.  Doing my bit for the good of the world  |-(

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle