F1 News & Discussions > F1 Drivers

Bottas could be Dropped during 2019 Campaign?

(1/4) > >>

Calman:
Well, that's the outspoken view of, you guessed it, Jacques Villeneuve!!!

Apparently, should Bottas fail to deliver in the first handful of races, Mr V thinks that Mercedes will take the decision to put Ocon in the car, essentially "firing" Valterri, having only secured a 12 months contract in his extension with the team.

Thoughts ...

Best Regards,
Cal :)

John S:
I thought he penned a 2 year deal before this season started, but that could be wrong. :DntKnw:
I'm pretty sure his first year 2017 was a one year deal with the option on Mercs side for more.

Still means he's out of contract at the end of next year, and Merc do have the luxury of Ocon in the wings to help motivate Valtieri more next term.
Don't set much store by JV comments though, he's usually more provocative than accurate. :(

Dare:
As long as Ham is winning and Bottas has decent
resuts I think he'll be safe.

Calman:

--- Quote from: Dare on December 04, 2018, 09:40:28 PM ---As long as Ham is winning and Bottas has decent
resuts I think he'll be safe.

--- End quote ---

I hate to say it, but that's probably about the size of it Dare!! ... Mercedes policy is probably down the road of whoever partners Lewis, their seat is safe, so long as they can bring home a 1-2 for the team for every 3 out of 5 outings!!

Best Regards,

Calman:

--- Quote from: John S on December 04, 2018, 07:30:53 PM ---I thought he penned a 2 year deal before this season started, but that could be wrong. :DntKnw:
I'm pretty sure his first year 2017 was a one year deal with the option on Mercs side for more.

--- End quote ---

It sounds promising as a long term contract - until you read the small print!!
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/formula-1/2018/07/20/valtteri-bottas-signs-new-mercedes-contract-keep-alongside-lewis/

Best Regards,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version