Everything Else > Entertainment, Games & Computers

Remembering Yesteryear's State of the Art!

<< < (2/2)

Alianora La Canta:
When I was doing swimming competitions in Blyth, my team stayed in a beautiful little hotel with a Space Invaders arcade machine in the lounge. One of the team members soon figured out how to get it to stop demanding 10p coins every game, and afterwards we used to spend quite a bit of free time playing on it while waiting for our team bosses to get themselves ready for evening meals.

There's still an arcade in the local cinema and bowling alley, but neither has the charm of the 1981 classic.

It doesn't help, perhaps, that I was early in that generation that grew up with a home PC - Dad brought his first one home when I was 2, and quickly learned how to use it.

guest3164:
The first arcade racer I really got into was Daytona USA. 

Daaaaaytoooooooooooonaaaaaa.   :good:

I never really went to arcades much before the mid 1990s. 

Calman:
There was a CRACKER of an arcade in Edinburgh back in the 80's .... it was like yesteryear's "GEEK EMPIRE".  You know the thing, dark, dingy, but full of promise and some arcade games that would knock your socks off!!!  (It's probably a Tim Hortons or Ikea now!!  :DD )

I was always fond of the classics, Space Invaders, Galaxian and Asteroids (and Pole Position of course!!!)

Best Regards,
Cal :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version