collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 362
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: F1 Dream Team 2019  (Read 21079 times)

Offline Calman

F1 Dream Team 2019
« on: January 06, 2019, 07:23:40 PM »

Hi everyone!

I have been talking to Wizzo behind the scenes and he (along with his admins) have given their blessing for me to approach you all with my dream team system.   

My F1 Dream Team system is running for it's third year now.  It's an intimate little website, which I coded/designed, purely for Formula 1 communities, such as GPW.    As I have mentioned to Wizzo, this is a "stand alone" website, which doesn't have a community of it's own, it simply supports existing communities with all pertinent info posted on each respective forum. 

One other important thing to mention, this would work side by side with your Grid Game here on GPW, as they are essentially very different approaches.   Your grid game is a race-2-race predictions game, where as my F1 Dream Team is a seasonal selection process, with 1 team & 1 driver change during the summer break.

I am sure there is much more info I need to share with you all, but for now, I am simply trying to provide some background to the system. I start working on the 2019 version of the F1 Dream Team tomorrow, so would appreciate feedback from each of you, when time permits.  If requested, I can provide a link to the 2018 season (live website) .... as the web pages are being coded/re-designed for the 2019 season in the days/weeks ahead.

2019 Website Links: (click on specific thumbs below)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Provisional List of Entries (GPW Forum):

• Alonsofan (submitted selections)
• Luke (submitted selections)
• Scott (submitted selections)
• John S (submitted selections)
• Warmwater (submitted selections)
• doodah (submitted selections)

Provisional List of Entries (RFM Forum):

• Sarkis (submitted selections)
• speedfreekx6 (submitted selections)
• Kor (submitted selections)
• sirmonkey (submitted selections)
• Antmannz (submitted selections)
• Docko (submitted selections)
• senna74 (submitted selections)
• MrFerrariCZ (submitted selections)
• Nubbin (submitted selections)
• davros (submitted selections)
• Nofx (submitted selections)
• snagger (submitted selections)
• Sheffer  (submitted selections)
• RobbieD90 (submitted selections)
• ciscokid (submitted selections)
• Rufus1 (submitted selections)
• firstcorner (submitted selections)
 • mskancke
• karloz34 (submitted selections)

Reserved Players:

• Jaybo (submitted selections)
• Tedfan (submitted selections)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best Regards,
Cal :)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 10:54:21 PM by Calman »

Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Calman

Re: F1 Dream Team 2019
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 12:18:29 AM »
I'm not sure who voted "I would like more details (message me)" ... but you didn't identify yourself in this topic, or indeed, by connecting with myself.

So ... to help things along, here is the Q&A from the 2018 'Group Picks' section of the website.   
http://www.okanaganforum.com/f1-dream-team-2018/group-picks.html

Of course, you are welcome to peruse the entire website from the link above, which should give you a better feel of how things run.  The 2019 website will essentially operate the same, just re-designed "graphically" and of course, new team/driver data, race calendar dates, stats etc.

Best Regards,

Offline Calman

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 01:21:41 AM »
Thanks for humouring me, but it categorically appears that nobody here on GPW is interested in entertaining my F1 Dream Team for the 2019 season.

I will now go ahead and start development with one F1 community involvement.

Best Regards,

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 09:08:43 AM »
Aww bless you. I will join in with your game. I played something similar at work a few years back, I lost miserably but what the heck count me in  :D

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 10:16:27 AM »
Cal, I didn’t even see this thread until today...give us a bit more time to get through things, especially during January Blues
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

guest3164

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 02:19:31 PM »
I am rubbish at these sort of fantasy league thing so while the hell not, put me down. 

Offline Calman

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 06:34:40 PM »
Hi folks!

I have removed the Poll (to be honest, I don't think the principle of a poll - I would rather talk to people out in the open.  So, with that said, I will keep a list in this post and update it in the days ahead. 

As far as timelines are concerned, I have been on hold for quite a while and recently received the 'green light' to post details regarding GPW's involvement in the F1 Dream Team 2019.  I can stretch another week, if I feel that 10-12 members from GPW will commit to joining in the fun, otherwise, I need to watch the clock and start work on the 2019 system (mainly as I need to adapt the coding based on 1 or 2 Formula One communities.

Again, please note that my F1 Dream Team is a "stand alone" system, which is deliberately designed to "attach" to your community, with all info, links and updates posted in your community, so members don't have to "come to me" ... I come to you!!

I welcome and questions/concerns folks - at the end of the day, I am an F1 fan, just like you (and I genuinely have a soft spot for this community, that's why I am here).

Best Regards,

Offline Calman

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 07:17:14 PM »
Provisional List now moved to the 1st post on this topic, thanks folks!

Best Regards,
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 09:18:39 PM by Calman »

guest3164

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2019, 08:03:32 PM »
Provisional List of Interest:

Alonsofan
Luke

Like F1 in 2018, it'll be a two horse race! 

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 08:11:28 PM »
Provisional List of Interest:

Alonsofan
Luke

Like F1 in 2018, it'll be a two horse race!

If it's a two horse race bagsy I get the head  ;) hehe

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 08:24:23 PM »
I might have a go, but don't understand why you need 10-12 members from GPW. Last year everyone seemed to be a team on their own. ?????  :confused:
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Calman

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2019, 08:33:34 PM »
I might have a go, but don't understand why you need 10-12 members from GPW. Last year everyone seemed to be a team on their own. ?????  :confused:

Hi John!

Thanks for posting and I welcome your query. 

Basically, I have one F1 community who have been involved with the F1 Dream Team since 2016.  Typically, 20-25 members came forward to take part.  So, this season, I am hoping to involve two F1 communities, to give an extra dimension to the system.  In effect, it would involve 10-12 members from each community (possibly more, based on initial interest) and would essentially become "player v player" and "f1 forum v f1 forum".  So, the Leaderboard would look like a conventional table with every player involved fighting for position, while the bigger picture would show overall totals from each community.   

I hope that makes some sense?

Best Regards,

guest3164

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2019, 08:36:35 PM »

Trying hard not to think of 'that' scene in the Godfather...

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2019, 08:58:56 PM »

Trying hard not to think of 'that' scene in the Godfather...
:DD :DD Now that's a cool film, although there are worse things you could wake-up to hehe

Offline Scott

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2019, 09:16:14 PM »
I voted yes as well Cal.  You can put me down for it...though my participation might scare others away based on my past few years at the GG.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle