collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 356
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: F1 Dream Team 2019  (Read 21066 times)

Offline Calman

Re: F1 Dream Team 2019
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2019, 10:25:12 PM »
Latest News: (Shared Info)

Q: So, What's New in the F1 Dream Team this Year?

The system & layout will pretty much be the same as 2018.  Of course, it goes without saying that the obvious changes will include Teams/Drivers line-ups, potential changes to car paint jobs and venue dates/locations.

Other changes include new page backdrops and some minor updates to website elements here and there, essentially a "spruce up" from the 2018 theme.

Now, one of the significant changes I would like to share with you, is the Team/Driver change during the season.   This year, there will be two opportunities to change 1 Team and 1 Driver.   I am refering to this approach as the "5-7-9 Shuffle" ... as you will be able to make these changes after 5 races in, then after another 7 races in, leaving the final 9 race venues as a battle to the end of the season.

Keep checking in to this topic, as I will soon be preparing the "Group Picks" website page (with some interesting group selections for you to chew over ahead of the 2019 campaign).

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Calman

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2019, 10:05:39 PM »
Latest News: (Shared Info)

Q: I am new to the F1 Dream Team, so what do I need to know? ...

If you are new to the F1 Dream Team in 2019, please visit last season's "Group Picks" from the link below and review the Q&A section at the bottom of the web page. This will give you an outline of the system/rules & approach to the 2019 season - of course, there will be new dates/timelines and a couple of small rule changes, but this will help you learn the ropes before we get things underway in the 2019 campaign.

2018 Group Picks Link:
http://www.okanaganforum.com/f1-dream-team-2018/group-picks.html

Best Regards,

Offline Calman

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2019, 07:04:46 AM »
Sneak Peek:  (Shared Info)

Well, I thought I'd give potential players an early look at the Group Picks for the F1 Dream Team 2019. After careful consideration, this is the Team/Driver group picks for the season ahead. I've updated the teams/drivers as best I can, so hopefully there will be no last minute surprises, other than Racing Point's "final" name change in the days/weeks ahead. As you can see, we wave goodbye to Sauber, as their new branding is now "Alfa Romeo Racing".

So, other than Team colour schemes and car paint jobs for 2019, I'm hoping everything else is set in stone. The screenshot below will help you start to prepare the selections you make in just over 2 weeks time.

Best Regards,
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 07:06:31 AM by Calman »

guest3164

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2019, 07:43:06 AM »
Looking at the sneak peak I already have a feeling I'm going to be following my heart as opposed to my head.

Wooden spoon here I come!

Offline Calman

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2019, 09:31:32 PM »
Looking at the sneak peak I already have a feeling I'm going to be following my heart as opposed to my head.

Wooden spoon here I come!

I hear you Luke! :)

To be honest, I took part last season (just to make the players list a round 20 entrants) ... and ended up finishing 17th out of 20 ... and that was after making a couple of key changes (1 team & 1 driver) during the summer break.   

So ... don't concentrate on that "Wooden Spoon" too much, you could win ya know!  :yahoo:

Best Regards,

guest3164

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2019, 09:51:51 PM »
Thing is Cal, I already know that 3 of my choices will be Williams and there is absolutely nothing I can do to stop myself picking them  ::)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2019, 12:54:49 PM »
Thing is Cal, I already know that 3 of my choices will be Williams and there is absolutely nothing I can do to stop myself picking them  ::)

Well they can't be worse than last season Luke, can they?  :DntKnw:
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

guest3164

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2019, 02:03:05 PM »

Well they can't be worse than last season Luke, can they?  :DntKnw:

You say that...   I am normally overly optimistic about the team's chances ahead of a new season.  This time round I see nothing other than plum last once more.  Too much investment elsewhere.

Offline Calman

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2019, 08:25:46 PM »
Update:

The numbers of interested players are climbing on the external F1 community website.  If you have an interest and would like to represent GPW, now would be a good time to post your "Count Me In!" prior to the Team/Driver selection process in 2-3 weeks time.

Best Regards,

Offline Calman

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2019, 10:49:38 PM »
Notice:

4 Days Left! .. should anyone like to take part in the 2019 F1 Dream Team?

Best Regards,

Offline Calman

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2019, 10:14:32 PM »
Timeline Reminder:   (shared info)

For any interested players, the deadline to post your "Count Me In!" will be by the end of the day on 11th February, 2019 (GMT).   From there, I will be opening up Team/Driver selections on 18th February, which will run until the end of the day on 8th March (9th to 11th for reserved players).

Please note, without a "Count Me In!" post, you cannot participate by submitting team/driver selections thereafter.

Best Regards,

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2019, 12:29:13 AM »
Just for info Calman, how do we access Count me in, or does this just mean we should be one the provisional list on page 1 of this topic?
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Calman

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2019, 12:48:37 AM »
Just for info Calman, how do we access Count me in, or does this just mean we should be one the provisional list on page 1 of this topic?

Exactly John!  :good:

If any members are still chewing over joining in, they simply have to post "Count Me In!" on this topic and I will promptly add them to the provisional list on Page 1 of this topic. 

After the 11th Feb deadline, I will no longer be accepting "Count Me In's" .... and by starting on 18th, players will have access to the "Group Picks" section of the website and begin studying their potential Team/Drivers.  Players can then post their finalised choices between 18th Feb > 8th March.

Best Regards,

Offline Calman

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2019, 01:42:05 AM »
I meant to add ...

There are two methods of providing your entry details (18th Feb > 8th March).

If you are happy to share your choices with everyone involved, you can simply post them on this topic, for example:

(sample from 2018 data)
RFM Username - Joe Bloggs
My Country Flag - United Kingdom

My Team Name - F1 Top Dogs
Profile Colour - 12

Team A - Ferrari
Team B - Force India
Team C - McLaren
Team D - Sauber

Driver E - Sebastian Vettel
Driver F - Valterri Bottas
Driver G - Sergio Perez
Driver H - Sergey Sirotkin
Driver I - Fernando Alonso
Driver J - Stoffel Vandoorne
Driver K - Charles Leclerc

Or ... you can submit your choices via email (either in simple text or from the PDF Entry Form, which will be available on the "Group Picks" section of the website.  Details on this approach are outlined on the Q&A on the bottom of the "Group Picks" web page.

Any questions, please do ask, as I will make things as clear as possible!

Best Regards,

Offline Warmwater

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2019, 01:47:57 AM »
I am still a bit confused about all of the details, but I assume that if I post:
"COUNT ME IN"
that will add me to the list of participants, correct?

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.” ― Mario Andretti.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle