collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 369
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: F1 Dream Team 2019  (Read 21078 times)

Offline Calman

Re: F1 Dream Team 2019
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2019, 07:48:15 PM »
Collecting Points Data and Re-Selections in 2019 (shared info)

I will continue to collect race points and fastest laps from formula1.com in 2019.  This will co-exist with the points which I give out for each finishing position (as with previous years).   As formula1.com's points gathering system can be a little robotic, I will now be changing to DHL's data for "Fastest Pit Stop" in 2019.   This will not affect anything from the Player's end, but should provide a more accurate report for fastest pit stops in any given race.

I would also like to remind everyone, that you will be required to change 1 Team and 1 Driver "twice" in 2019, so please keep that in mind, otherwise, your original selections will remain for the entire season, should you not submit your potential changes at these specific times in the 2019 season.  For more info on this, I encourage you to visit the 8 February announcement on the F1 Dream Team home page (http://www.okanaganforum.com/f1-dream-team-2019/home.html).

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Calman

« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2019, 03:13:13 AM »
** Final Notice! **

7 Days remaining to submit your profile info and selections for the F1 Dream Team 2019.

Best Regards,

Offline Calman

« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2019, 10:01:19 PM »
John S & Scott ...

Just a friendly reminder that there is now only 6 days left to submit your profile info and team/driver selections for the 2019 campaign.  Any questions, please don't hesitate in asking here and I'll gladly go over any aspect of the selection/submission process.

Best Regards,

Offline Calman

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2019, 06:53:32 PM »
For anyone unable to view/edit the PDF ...

Best Regards,

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2019, 06:56:24 PM »
Hi Cal, thanks for lifeline, my Dream Team picks:-

GPW user - John S
Flag - UK
Team Name - Big John's Gliders
Helmet  - 16

A = Mercedes
B= Renault
 C = McLaren
D =  Torso Rosso
E = Lewis
F = Leclerc
G=  Danny Ric
H =  lance Stroll
I =  Kimi
J =  Alex Albon
K=  George Russell

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Calman

« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2019, 12:00:29 AM »
The 2019 Team/Driver Submissions are now Closed!   (Shared Info)

I would like to thank everyone who came forward with their selections for the 2019 campaign, as we now have 24 players signed up, with a potential 2 'reserve' players to take part in the next 48hrs.

Could I ask everyone to take one final look over their website Profile/Player Sheet details and get in touch as soon as possible, should there be any errors/typos which need addressed (see 'Player Sheet' page on website).

I will now be finalising/streamlining coding behind the scenes and preparing all the data prior to the Green Light in Melbourne on March 17th, so if you don't here from me before then, I hope everyone enjoys the season opener in Australia.

Note: I encourage players to regularly check into the F1 Dream Team Home Page, as important news/updates will appear on this page.  Otherwise, in traditional fashion, updates to the website pages will be posted on both RFM & GPW, 24-48 hours after each race.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Example Post:

Updates from Brazilian GP:

• Announcements
• Race Calendar
• Player Sheets
• Stats Centre
• Leaderboard

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, I would also like to mention the 6 players who are joining us from the GP Wizard F1 forum in 2019.  Much respect to them for participating in our little bit of competitive fun!

All the best,

Offline Calman

« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2019, 01:05:26 AM »
Everyone in their Seats...   (Shared Info)

Twenty six players are now ready to do battle in 2019, as we have only a matter of days until the Green Light in Melbourne - Let's hope it's an action packed opener in Australia!!!!

Well, nothing more to report at this point, so ENJOY next weekend when you get there. As with previous seasons, I should have the website data (Race Points, Player Sheets, Stats and Leaderboard) in place between 24-48hrs after each race. Of course, race updates will be posted on both RFM and GPW forums.

F1 Weekends are 'almost' Here!!

All the best,

Offline Warmwater

« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2019, 02:55:54 AM »
Looking forward to it, thank you!
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.” ― Mario Andretti.

Offline Calman

« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2019, 01:56:55 AM »
I hope you enjoy it Warmwater! :)

Now, this I find funny.  It's been an interesting debate, as far as bonus points on the F1 Dream Team in 2018, where it's now being discussed for involvement in actual racing situations (only for the top 10).

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.bonus-point-to-be-awarded-for-fastest-lap-in-2019.4gwBT6QW1NR1AlrlzAkKSP.html

Best Regards,

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2019, 08:40:31 PM »
Cal we've always had fastest lap in GPWizard Grid Game as a point score.   :P  :yahoo:

Hard to Imagine all us old gits here (Wizzo excluded ;) ) have finally taught the FIA how to go about things.  :D
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Calman

« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2019, 09:22:06 PM »
Cal we've always had fastest lap in GPWizard Grid Game as a point score.   :P  :yahoo:

Hard to Imagine all us old gits here (Wizzo excluded ;) ) have finally taught the FIA how to go about things.  :D
Indeed John! ...

Time to knock on the FIA's front door and demand commission for the well exercised system you have been using here on the GPW forum.

I gave the F1 Dream Team players 4 options last year ...

1) Fastest Lap
2) Fastest Pit Stop
3) Lap Record
4) Driver of the Day

... 1) and 2) were unanimous, so that's what we run with last season and everyone is happy to continue with those points extras in 2019.

There was one "hoo-hah" in 2018, as one of the races had the safety car march them all through the pit lane on around lap 2-3? ... of course, formula1.com (robotic as they are) ... recorded one of the cars having achieved the "fastest pit stop" during this exercise and it almost created WWIII on the dream team .... so, this year, we are running with DHL's Fastest Pit Stop ... takes the heat away from me, so can't be a bad thing!!  :yahoo:

Best Regards,

Offline Calman

« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2019, 02:06:31 AM »
Here we go folks, first F1 Dream Team results of the season coming in ... (Shared Info)

Updates from Australian GP:

• Announcements
• Race Calendar
• Player Sheets
• Stats Centre
• Leaderboard

Home Page: http://www.okanaganforum.com/f1-dream-team-2019/home.html

All the best,
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 04:11:42 AM by Calman »

Offline Scott

« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2019, 07:43:32 PM »
Can you post the links to the results?  My scoresheet is still showing 0 points in race 1
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

guest3164

« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2019, 08:26:28 PM »
Here you go Scott. 

Spoiler Alert, it's not good my friend!

http://www.okanaganforum.com/f1-dream-team-2019/championship.html

Offline Calman

« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2019, 10:24:19 PM »
Can you post the links to the results?  My scoresheet is still showing 0 points in race 1
If you are referring to your Player Sheet Scott, please follow this direct link ...
http://www.okanaganforum.com/f1-dream-team-2019/player-sheets/Scott.html

Ctrl + F5 will clear your cache, had you looked at this page in the development (o points) stage.

Best Regards,

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle