collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 371
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Counting Down the Days!!  (Read 3401 times)

Offline Calman

Counting Down the Days!!
« on: January 12, 2019, 03:14:12 AM »
Hard to believe it's only 9 Weeks this Sunday, until lights out in Melbourne for the 2019 season opener.  I think most of us would agree that the last few races of 2018 were pedestrian, seeing us simply go through the motions.   However, let's hope that 2019 gives us more to cheer about, more overtaking, more inter-team battles and more edge of the seat thrills and spills.

2017/18 was mainly about the changes to the cars, but 2019 sees several experienced drivers changing teams and brings a handful of newcomers to the grid! 

Will it be a season to remember? ... and end to Mercedes dominance?? ... or more competition, other than that familiar term "The Top 3".

Either way, bring it on!!!

Best Regards,
Cal :)

Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline cosworth151

Re: Counting Down the Days!!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 10:22:13 PM »
With RBR going to Honda, it will probably be The Top Two.  ;)

Seriously, it will be very interesting to see how the driver scramble shakes out. I wonder if we won't see even move driver changes by the European races.

I hope the aero changes do increase overtaking but I'm sure that the designers have already found a way around them.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Calman

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 01:36:05 AM »
I wonder if we won't see even move driver changes by the European races.

Well, the man under the most pressure even before the Green Light in Melbourne, has to be Bottas.  Lot's of headline rumours flying around the web right now, when Bottas, Max and Ocon float to the top.  Bottas under pressure to perform, while being expected to support Lewis (eh?) ... and Formula E angry that Max carried out his "Community Service" at their venue (as if Formula E is a form of punishment).  Then you have Ocon threaten to Quit, should he not get Bottas's seat in 2020 ... OR SOONER!!!

Spicy!!! ... and we are not even close to pre-season testing yet!!!  :DD

I'm patiently waiting on a solid report regarding Racing Point's new name/badge ... apparently, the car will remain Pink!

Best Regards,

Offline Irisado

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 11:05:26 PM »
I'm struggling to get excited about 2019.  The only thing that I will be paying any attention to is whether Leclerc can beat Vettel.  I really hope that he can and that Vettel will finally be shown up for what I have always believed he is, an average to good driver, rather than someone who deserved to be four times world champion.

As for the rest, there's nothing that is going to get me excited.  The same old tyres, fuel consumption rules, sanitised circuits, DRS overtakes, bullet proof cars, computer game graphics and sounds from Liberty, and most of the grid effectively being run by three teams.  This is not Formula 1 and something drastic needs to be done to resolve all of these issues.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Online Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 06:16:19 PM »
I'm struggling to get excited about 2019...there's nothing that is going to get me excited.  The same old tyres, fuel consumption rules, sanitised circuits, DRS overtakes, bullet proof cars, computer game graphics and sounds from Liberty, and most of the grid effectively being run by three teams.  This is not Formula 1 and something drastic needs to be done to resolve all of these issues.

I sort of agree with you, but you cannot 'create' interesting: it has to come from the competitors themselves.  If there are some daring designs, things could be interesting. If there are some daring strategies, things could be interesting. And if there are some daring drivers, things could be interesting.

We won't know until the lights go out.

Offline Calman

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 08:14:46 PM »
I feel that "excited" may be too strong an emotion, but I sincerely hope that 2019 "puts on a better show" with drivers like Danny Ric and Kimi fighting through the grid with their vast experience. Along with the mix of "newcomers" ... surely, that alone will make for an interesting spectacle (without the mention of tyres/fuel saving/following distance in dirty air etc.)

Best Regards,

guest3164

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 08:37:39 PM »
I get more and more excited as the weeks progress.  Next week we will see some cars launched, so that will crank up my anticipation levels a few notches.  Then testing builds it.  I am borderline hyper by the Australian Grand Prix weekend.  Then by the time I've finished the race, I crash back to 'here we go again' mode.

Offline Calman

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 08:41:24 PM »
I always liked Martin Brundle's quote from a few years back.  I think it was one of those Australian GP's that injected mayhem on the opening lap, where Martin said something like "it's like boys on their first day back at school" .... CLASSIC.

So, on that note, I am not looking for mayhem, but hope after the chequered flag, we don't all sit and think "Now, was there anything memorable in the last 2 hours???".

Best Regards,

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2019, 09:08:55 AM »
Ooooo it's getting closer I am so excited it's like Christmas all over again hehe
Speaking of which I think Cadbury's are missing out, they should do an advent calendar counting down to the start of the  new season...I can see it now , little car doors with little car chocolates hehe....although I did see Lego advent calendars for Christmas, that would be even cooler. Every day a new brick till on the eve of qualifying you attach your last wheel ready to qualify the next day hehe. So if you are reading this Cadbury or Lego...get in on it, I will buy one hehe
I mean chocolate, Lego and F1 what's not to love??😍🤗

Offline Calman

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2019, 06:47:20 PM »
I mean chocolate, Lego and F1 what's not to love??

So, a wee lego-lookalike race car, make out of Cadburys best milk chocolate, doing laps on a Scalextric track ... and you are in Heaven? ... does Fernando have a say in this??  :DD

6 Weeks this coming Sunday!!!   :yahoo:

Best Regards,

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2019, 07:34:33 PM »
Baby cakes does as he is told...well most of the time hehe

Offline Calman

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2019, 07:49:02 PM »
Baby cakes does as he is told...well most of the time hehe

Ahhh!! ... it's that kind of relationship, say no more!!!  :stop:

Best Regards,

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2019, 08:00:38 PM »
Absolutely  :yahoo: :DD

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2019, 03:50:06 PM »
I'm waiting for Leclerc at Ferrari (not expecting immediate fireworks, but there's a development path I'm enjoying following), to see how much help the Strolls can be to Strollin' Rollin''s ambitions and also whether F1 is going to survive the 2020s (this year will probably give us a good clue).

I'm not excited about the start of the season yet because my brain's not really got past wondering about the next 10 days (apart from trying to see if I can get the Hungarian Grand Prix on the TV for the Corporate Games karting weekend Dad and I are doing). Launch week is exciting enough for the present!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 03:51:41 PM by Alianora La Canta »
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Calman

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2019, 06:36:46 PM »
...and also whether F1 is going to survive the 2020s

Why? .... is it going somewhere??

Best Regards,

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle