F1 News & Discussions > General F1 Discussion

2019 F1 Start Times

(1/7) > >>

cosworth151:
F1 has released the start times for the 2019 races. They will all still start at 10 minutes after the hour as a nod to the TV broadcasters. France will move back to it's normal 3:10 start time. Last season it was an hour later due to a soccer thing. Abu Dhabi and Bahrain will start late in the afternoon & finish under the lights. Singapore will still be a night race. As always, FP1 & 2 will be on Thursday in Monaco. Friday is a market day there.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.session-start-times-revealed-for-the-2019-f1-season.6t0BuBTGN04o3sMVa5QfBJ.html

Alonsofan:
Thanks Cosworth  :good:
I love it....soccer thing  :DD You mean the World Cup hehe and on a day when England actually won 6-1 hehe

Calman:
Sorry Cos!, but that has to be phrase of the day "Soccer Thing" = Word Cup Football.  (a "genuine" world cup, where ... oh yeah, the world actually take part!!)  ;)  :D

Can we use the label for your wee american game as "that Handball Thing" = Super Bowl.  :DD :DD :DD

Best Regards,
Cal :)

guest3164:
I remember a very, very highbrow* show where a character once said the following about American Football:

"I just think it's rather odd that a nation that prides itself on its virility should feel compelled to strap on forty pounds of protective gear just in order to play rugby."

I found it amusing and a little accurate, although I get the 'hits' are huge in the American version of the game.

*The show was Buffy the Vampire Slayer  :-[

Calman:
I hope my post above is taken in the good spirit it's intended??  "Banter".   On other forums, I would probably have been blocked from forum activity for 6 months!!  :stop: :-[

Being Scottish, I am a fan of the cult comedy Still Game, where I remember an episode when Jack and Victor come over to Toronto to visit Jack's daughter.  Anyway, they go to an Ice Hockey match and a player slams into the glass.  It shatters and after the old guys wipe all the debris from their jackets, Jack pipes up "... would you look at that, they're all padded and everything!!!".

Best Regards,
Cal :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version