collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 275
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: 2019 F1 Start Times  (Read 5455 times)

Offline Jericoke

Re: 2019 F1 Start Times
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2019, 04:40:10 PM »
If the average rugby player was 250-300lbs, you might see them using protective gear as well ;)

In the early history of American football the teams would use 'formation plays' where the players literally locked arms, so a flying wedge wouldn't be the impact of a single 250 lbs linebacker, but in fact the total mass of 11 college men.  Death was common in these early football games;  I'd wear protective gear too.

Also, for those who don't quite understand the point of the pads:  they're there to protect the person DELIVERING the hit, not the person taking the hit.  The part of the body being hit in football is rarely padded. Just like boxing gloves are intended to protect a boxer's hand, not their target's face.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2019, 06:43:24 PM »
I wondered why I got 15 replies to the race start time.

Around here, we don't call it soccer, either. We call it Ballerina Ball. A couple of years ago, the owner of the Columbus "Major" League Soccer franchise insisted that the city government use eminent domain to destroy Columbus Speedway (which as been there since 1946) so that he could his training facility. I'd attended races there for 60 consecutive seasons. I raced there back in the day. The city rolled over like a cur dog & did it. A year later he demanded a new, taxpayer funded stadium or he'd move the team to Austin, TX. (They already have a custom built soccer stadium in Columbus) That's why I have such a high opinion of it.

Also, I love rugby. I played rugby as an intramural sport back at Ohio University (a.k.a. Harvard on the Hocking or Berkley in the Boonies.)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2019, 07:14:41 PM »
I love your analogy on football there Cosworth  :good: You are right they do act like ballerina's. Some of them like Ronaldo are right....mmmm...winkers hehe
Rugby is soooooo much a better sport  :D

Offline Calman

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2019, 08:07:01 PM »
I have a feeling that this topic could end up discussing table tennis or how do you like your steak?  :DD

In my first couple of years here in Western Canada, I was down stairs doing some kind of DIY/Reno and had the TV on in the background.  It was some kind of north American chat show with Enrique Iglesias as the special guest.   Between my work, I heard the female presenter say "well, you would know this Enrique, you follow "SOCCER".   He calmly moved onto the edge of his seat and said something like "you have just offended 90% of the world by calling Football soccer!" .... yes, I stood up and cheered uncontrollably at the TV - I'm not even an Enrique fan, honestly!!!  :DD

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2019, 08:19:07 PM »
You can't beat a bit of tenis de mesa  :D

When it comes to steak it's got to be 'well done' 

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2019, 08:03:46 AM »
Have any of you seen the film "Concussion"? I doubt anyone would complain that the use of protective gear implies invirility in an American footballer after seeing it; it's about a doctor who finds that the standards of protective gear (at least in the first decade of the 2000s) were insufficient to protect from consistently early deaths from cumulative subconcussive impacts.

I don't have much time for any variant of football; indeed I'm generally only interested when Nazionale Piloti are playing or my local team is getting demoted again (it's happened twice in the last three seasons, and it might happen again this year. We'll run out of leagues if we're not careful).

Table tennis is not a game I know much about, though I did give a colleague an "instant table tennis pack" for Chrismas in the Office Secret Santa.

I like steak cooked and not burnt. (I'm not picky).
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2019, 10:09:18 PM »
Table tennis (a.k.a. ping pong) is great fun. It was very popular around these parts when I was growing up in the 60's.

Now we have another, similar game that is very popular here in the hills: Beer Pong.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Calman

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2019, 10:17:17 PM »
How on earth did you guys end up talking about Table Tennis and how you like your Steak???  :DntKnw: :DD

Best Regards,

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2019, 11:55:49 PM »
Some of us are old, sometimes we go off topic in the middle of a sentence.
Lonny

Offline Calman

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2019, 12:05:31 AM »

I think you should isolate the person who created the diversion in the first place!!!  :DD

Best Regards,

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2019, 06:42:00 AM »
I have a feeling that this topic could end up discussing table tennis or how do you like your steak?  :DD

Best Regards,

Isolation sounds like a great idea.....some peace at last  :yahoo: hehe
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 06:43:38 AM by Alonsofan »

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2019, 10:05:08 AM »

And some of us young 'uns do the same. I like to call it "creative linguistics" ;)
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

guest3164

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2019, 11:05:47 AM »
Yeah, I sometimes veer off topic, talk about one thing and then ooh, my washing is finished, time to hang it up! 

Offline Ian

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2019, 12:53:43 PM »
Veering off is sometimes fun Cal, there are 1 or 2 members who hate it so it's fun to wind them up now and again, not nastily though I hasten to add.  :DD
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2019, 01:53:06 PM »
Speaking of going off topic Ian, where is Neil.P??? Did he marry Miss Prodworthy? I would be surprised the things he used to make that poor woman do  :nono:  :tease:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle