F1 News & Discussions > F1 Drivers

Valterri's Future in F1?

(1/3) > >>

Calman:
Will he even have a drive in F1 in 2020???

Best Regards,
Cal :)

lkjohnson1950:
I think we might consider whether Lewis and Bottas truly had equal equipment. When Kimi first returned to Ferrari he had a difficult time with the car because it wasn't designed or set up to his driving style. Maybe the Merc is skewed to Lewis? If Mercedes drops him I think he's done in F1.

Alianora La Canta:
I think Valterri will get the complete season, and then go to Williams to replace whoever isn't a Williams driver in 2020.

guest3164:
I'm not so sure he'll end up back at Williams.  Kubica apparently is on a multi year deal as are his sponsors and if it is Russell (who is also on a multi year deal, although obviously it has Mercedes incentives attached) instead of Ocon who gets the second Mercedes seat, then surely Latifi with his backing would be first in line to get the seat?

Not saying I wouldn't like to see Bottas back at the team, definitely the best driver my team have had for many years, but I don't always agree with going back like that.  Williams would be getting a driver who would no doubt be slightly damaged too, which given it's current state is not ideal (Kubica is damaged, but riding an emotional high right now).

Alianora La Canta:

--- Quote from: Luke on January 19, 2019, 11:10:30 AM ---I'm not so sure he'll end up back at Williams.  Kubica apparently is on a multi year deal as are his sponsors and if it is Russell (who is also on a multi year deal, although obviously it has Mercedes incentives attached) instead of Ocon who gets the second Mercedes seat, then surely Latifi with his backing would be first in line to get the seat?

--- End quote ---

I'm half-expecting one of them to be bought out or found out, and either way leaving a vacancy for 2020 that Valterri can fill.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version