collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 123
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16139 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12978 Posts
John S John S
11249 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Donnington Park F1 Museum (Deceased)  (Read 2464 times)

Offline Andy B

Donnington Park F1 Museum (Deceased)
« on: January 18, 2019, 11:56:36 PM »
Having found out that Donningtom F1 museum has closed and the collection spread far and wide I thought I should add my pictures on here.
I hope this works!

https://www.photobox.co.nz/album/27599834

If Admin would like to add any or all to the Gallery please feel free to do so.

Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Alonsofan

Re: Donnington Park F1 Museum (Deceased)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 06:49:43 AM »
Cool pictures Andy  :good:
Do you know where the cars ended up? It's a great shame it had to close down  :(

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 12:51:03 PM »
The loaned cars went back to their owners (the Williamses to Williams, the Jordan to EJ, Force Indias to Jordan/Midland/Spyker/Force India/Racing Point/whatever-they're-called-this-week, etc.) and Tom Wheatcroft got the part that was owned by the Wheatcrofts. The Wheatcroft family is hoping to find an alternative location to display their part of the collection, and in the meantime some elements of it are "on tour" (at least one Indycar in the collection is currently in the States because Stefan Wilson mentioned it a few weeks ago).

I don't think it's the last time we'll see the core of the collection, though I doubt we will see anything quite like the Donington Park museum for a long time.

I have a bunch of rubbish photos on my phone, but I still haven't sorted out online storage for them. (I realise there are photo collection sites out there, but it seems silly to do so when I already have my own site and am trying to figure out which options I need to add my photos plus a Sims 1 website - with a distinct domain to my Fisichella forum - without confusing my domain/site(s) host...)
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 04:35:13 PM »
Great pix, Andy. Sad to hear that the museum closed. It looked like an incredible collection.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Andy B

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 09:30:18 PM »
It was a great day out and I doubt we'll find such an assortment of historic vehicles in a single location again, they used to hire out cars for exhibitions and they only JPS Lotus they had was away while we were there which was a disappointment.
I expect Tom Wheatcroft will be turning in his grave.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle