F1 News & Discussions > Pit Pass

Why Red Bull are unhappy with 2019 F1 front wing rules

<< < (3/3)

Calman:
Just reading posts above!

Yes, the Alfa front wing is a little bizarre and departure from the "rough" template which other teams are executing.  Rather than a section missing from the inside region of the endplates, it actually appears like a flat block over the upper wing "fin" (for a better word). Otherwise, the curve downward towards the front of the nose - much like the other teams.

Best Regards,
Cal :)

John S:
Cal, I was trying to make a point about the Alfa front wings falling the further outwards from fuselage they go.
Most others - Ferrari excluded - rise outwards (or at least remain level) towards the end plates.
Are Alfa and Ferrari sandbagging or do they think they've found something?  :DntKnw:

Jericoke:

--- Quote from: John S on February 16, 2019, 12:19:26 PM ---Cal, I was trying to make a point about the Alfa front wings falling the further outwards from fuselage they go.
Most others - Ferrari excluded - rise outwards (or at least remain level) towards the end plates.
Are Alfa and Ferrari sandbagging or do they think they've found something?  :DntKnw:

--- End quote ---

It is always interesting when someone finds something new that blows the competition out of the water.

It's also interesting when someone tries to innovate and falls flat on their face.  I always liked the Williams tusk design, though they couldn't get it to work, it was nice to see someone try something different.

Calman:

--- Quote from: John S on February 16, 2019, 12:19:26 PM ---Cal, I was trying to make a point about the Alfa front wings falling the further outwards from fuselage they go.

--- End quote ---
I "think" we are essentially talking about the same area John.  It just that sometimes when I type, my thoughts go onto parallels, so although I noticed other areas on that front wing (may have been part of their launch setup??) ... my initial focus was the angle of the wing towards the endplates.

Best Regards,
Cal :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version