F1 News & Discussions > General F1 Discussion

Random question.....

<< < (2/5) > >>

Monty:
Brands Hatch (yes I really am that old!); Silverstone more times than I can remember - I was there when 'our Nige' won and was part of the track invasion at the end of the race; Abu Dhabi and Shanghai. I have met Johnny Herbert, Derek Warwick, Rubens Barrichello (he was meant to follow up with a visit to Rye House to do some Karting with my kids but had to cry-off at the last minute - his engineer did come) and Damon Hill.
My family and I have spent quite a lot of time with Lewis Hamilton (when he was about 8  :DD - my kids were kart racing at the same time as Lewis).

cosworth151:
The U.S.G.P. at Indy from 2000 through 2007. I was there for every day each year, just about every minute. Indy was great for getting close to the drivers & other F1 people.

There was a pit lane walk about on Thursday morning with autograph sessions. There was also a gate at the back of the garage area with a parking lot across the street. Most everybody in the pit area entered through that gate. I'd get there as early as possible & head straight for it. 

During practice, it was possible to get right up close to the track in several places. Here's a pix I took at FP1 on Friday of the 2004 race. It was at the base of the walk bridge over Hulman Straight just before Turn 8. David Coultard's McLaren conked out and was pushed behind there. I was there & took this picture. I still wonder if he's thinking about going to Red Bull.

Historical note: This was the 1st pix I posted here when I first joined way back when.

Alonsofan:

--- Quote from: Robem64 on January 23, 2019, 07:52:50 AM ---Been to quite a number to date but not had the fortune to meet any drivers (yet!) - I can't be bothered to join these huge queues for an autograph.

My list then.....Silverstone, USA Austin (twice), Malaysia (twice and one visit I met up with Andy B), Baku, Montreal, Barcelona, Singapore & Abu Dhabi.

This year we have these to look forward to so far

Barcelona pre-season testing
Melbourne
Azerbaijan
Austria

Bring on the 2019 season  :D :D :D

--- End quote ---

Wow! You have been to a lot of races and plenty to look forward to this season. Melbourne sounds very attractive about now....I mean it has the sun hehe It seems freezing here at the moment in the UK. To top it off I pop to the shops and get greeted with this....

https://imageshack.com/i/pnbnaRE2j

I mean come on it's January!

Alonsofan:
Cool pic Cosworth, it seems McLaren have really improved since then hehe.

Joking aside sounds cool to get so close to the drivers. What I would give to get close to Fernando....so many questions hehe  :swoon:

Calman:

--- Quote from: Alonsofan on January 23, 2019, 03:38:11 PM ---What I would give to get close to Fernando.... :swoon:

--- End quote ---

Are you talking "Deckchair Close" ... or "Elevator Close" ???  :DD

Best Regards,
Cal :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version