collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 349
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Is Newey the biggest design brain ever in F1?  (Read 5541 times)

Offline Alonsofan

Re: Is Newey the biggest design brain ever in F1?
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2019, 02:00:07 PM »
https://imageshack.com/i/po3vFbZpj

This is my daily ride hehe. Parked outside mother and fathers.....father has gotten rid of the tree since then hehe

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2019, 12:05:21 AM »
Not sure if this will show. I've forgotten how to post a pic. My ride is a bit of a Q ship.
Lonny

guest3164

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2019, 08:33:12 AM »
This is my run around, I am sure it has lots of Newey inspired design traits. 

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2019, 10:00:33 AM »
Loving the gold alloys Ikjohnson  :good:

Yay, Peterborough bus station that brings back some memories....running for a bus and watching it pull away....grrrrr. Though Luke, it's the best way to get around a busy city and you don't have any Audi drivers up your....how to word this....bumper hehe

Offline Monty

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2019, 10:03:29 AM »
This is my run around, I am sure it has lots of Newey inspired design traits. 

The most powerful vehicle posted so far  :D

guest3164

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2019, 10:08:49 AM »
Loving the gold alloys Ikjohnson  :good:

Yay, Peterborough bus station that brings back some memories....running for a bus and watching it pull away....grrrrr. Though Luke, it's the best way to get around a busy city and you don't have any Audi drivers up your....how to word this....bumper hehe

Trust me, that is actually good for round here, seeing a bus pull away.  More often than not it is quicker for me to walk the 2 miles to work than it is to wait for the bus which 'should' come every 10 minutes.  Feel privileged you actually saw a bus!

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2019, 10:32:37 AM »
Oh happy days although it could be worse Luke you could have to travel via rail.....noooooo. Life really doesn't get much worse than that.     

guest3164

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2019, 03:25:19 PM »
I am grateful I do not need to use a train, the idea of commuting on one is frankly frightening given how unreliable and overcrowded they are.  It makes Stagecoach buses seem positively brilliant!

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2019, 04:02:21 PM »
Here's a 4 cylinder 3 wheeler I used to run around in. Not as powerful as the other vehicles here but much faster.  :D

I won't say how old the picture is. I'll just say that my daughter Angie was 14 in it. She a grandmother now.  :swoon:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Calman

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2019, 06:02:32 PM »
This was my last owned car in Scotland (before jumping the pond to Western Canada).

As you can see in this photo, that is indeed sunshine ... it does happen in Scotland (once in a pink moon).

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2019, 06:36:26 PM »
Here's a 4 cylinder 3 wheeler I used to run around in. Not as powerful as the other vehicles here but much faster.  :D

I won't say how old the picture is. I'll just say that my daughter Angie was 14 in it. She a grandmother now.  :swoon:

I couldn't see your picture at first Cosworth so had visions of a Reliant Robin hehe. I was getting images of Del Boy popping up hehe.
Joking aside what a lovely picture  :D

Offline Calman

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2019, 06:59:54 PM »

Of course, we are all doing the Maths now Cos ... and I figure your daughter must be around 45-46?

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2019, 12:17:20 AM »
Oh happy days although it could be worse Luke you could have to travel via rail.....noooooo. Life really doesn't get much worse than that.   

At least the train lets me board - something my local buses generally don't let me do. They just pretend I'm not there and drive past, or drive away if I approach the front door (much to the chagrin of anyone behind me). Oddly, the ones near Silverstone, Liverpool, Budapest and Prague/Praha are much happier about letting me use them than the ones near my house or former university.

My usual transportation, a pair of office shoes and a pair of purple running trainers that would be off-brand for Red Bull, probably don't have much Newey influence.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2019, 02:50:15 AM »
My sister used to take the train into and home from downtown Chicago every day day and really liked it. Driving to and from the station was much more stressful.
Lonny

Offline Warmwater

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2019, 04:36:52 AM »
Nothing to do with Newey, but here is a photo of my 10th vehicle. I paid $200 for it in 1973, traded it for a 1965 Oldsmobile Tornado a few months later. Wish I had either of them now!
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.” ― Mario Andretti.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle