collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 359
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: How is this fair??  (Read 4615 times)

Offline Alonsofan

How is this fair??
« on: January 26, 2019, 05:57:51 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/8274020/queen-seatbelt-prince-philip-car-crash-wi-visit/amp/

How do people with position or power get away with this?? It sets such a bad example..... I mean even Peppa Pig was slated about not wearing a seatbelt and was "forced" to wear one so why aren't the Royals as well??

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/6988578/Peppa-Pig-forced-to-wear-seatbelt-after-health-and-safety-fears.html

Offline Calman

Re: How is this fair??
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 11:40:54 PM »
Didn't Phil receive a bit of a "pardon" for Drink Driving in the recent past?

Yes, amazing what power positions can bring you ... although some countries around the world don't care how famous/important you are - you will be slammed up, just like "Cattle Class".

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 09:40:49 AM »
It wouldn't surprise me if he did get caught drink driving and let off.

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 11:31:22 AM »
I hope I’m in his shape at 97 though...pretty amazing genetics in the Royals. 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 01:26:29 PM »

Genetics?? Don't you mean doctors hehe.
He always reminds me of a white Mr Burns from The Simpsons hehe

Offline Dare

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 04:16:03 PM »

I also think it's having a doctor waiting on you and probably
never doing a hard days work in your life. Genetics help too
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Dare

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 04:17:36 PM »
Didn't Phil receive a bit of a "pardon" for Drink Driving in the recent past?

Yes, amazing what power positions can bring you ... although some countries around the world don't care how famous/important you are - you will be slammed up, just like "Cattle Class".

Best Regards,
Cal :)

Over here they'll lock you up only for
your money and crooked judicial system to take over
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2019, 04:57:54 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/8274020/queen-seatbelt-prince-philip-car-crash-wi-visit/amp/

How do people with position or power get away with this?? It sets such a bad example..... I mean even Peppa Pig was slated about not wearing a seatbelt and was "forced" to wear one so why aren't the Royals as well??

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/6988578/Peppa-Pig-forced-to-wear-seatbelt-after-health-and-safety-fears.html

Fair?  Don't all laws come from the power of the Queen?  Is it possible to arrest her in the name of herself?

And if people really cared about her not wearing a seatbelt, seems kinda silly to try and change a 92 year old's mind on such things.  Why wasn't it a problem last year?  Or in 1985?

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2019, 05:43:33 PM »

Fair?  Don't all laws come from the power of the Queen?  Is it possible to arrest her in the name of herself?

And if people really cared about her not wearing a seatbelt, seems kinda silly to try and change a 92 year old's mind on such things.  Why wasn't it a problem last year?  Or in 1985?

http://projectbritain.com/government/laws.htm

Nobody is above the law so basically she has broke her own law. Makes it even worse doesn't it? She above all people should set the example after all she was the one who passed the law in the first place. What we need is Sergeant Angel out of Hot Fuzz. He would have locked her and her husband away already  :good:  :DD

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2019, 05:51:21 PM »

Not doing a hard day's work would help you reach your 90's but really would you want to swap your life for theirs?? I wouldn't, not in a million years  :yahoo:

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2019, 06:46:44 PM »
I'm still in awe of any 97 year old who can roll a Range Rover with or without a seat belt and calmly stand around talking about it afterwards. To quote Rocky Hardcastle, "Rock on!"  :good:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2019, 07:38:05 PM »
I knew he was Mr Burns, no seatbelt and hitting things hehe

https://imageshack.com/i/poCN1Eigg

Offline Dare

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2019, 08:44:19 PM »

Not doing a hard day's work would help you reach your 90's but really would you want to swap your life for theirs?? I wouldn't, not in a million years  :yahoo:

I'm thinking  I'm thinking

Offline Andy B

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2019, 09:12:53 PM »
He was pictured not wearing a seatbelt on private land so no laws broken and when the Disco rolled he was wearing seatbelt.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Dare

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2019, 11:29:40 PM »
Last year I received a ticket for not wearing
a seat belt. The cop said he was doing me a
favor. I forgot to thank him...$25 is all

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle