Everything Else > Off Topic

End of an Era

(1/4) > >>

Alonsofan:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/02/05/raf-tornado-jets-return-home-last-operational-deployment-final/amp/

Sad to see after 40 years service the Tornado is being retired 😪.....it's older than me......just hehe

Calman:
I have a small tear in my eye!!!

Many fond memories of watching the Tornado at air shows.   Of course, it became a crowd favourite after the Phantom era ... and not forgetting The Kings of the Skies, The Red Arrows.

Thank you for all your service and pleasure given to aircraft enthusiasts Tornado, you will be missed!!!!

Best Regards,
Cal :)

Calman:
Pulls at your ... you know what.

Best Regards,
Cal :)

Alonsofan:
She is a beauty 😪

guest3164:
I used to seriously love the Panavia Tornado, it just about beat the Harrier Jump Jet because of the sheer speed of it and that wonderful swing wing.  I remember waiting at Leuchars train station coming back from a family visit in Scotland and hearing, before seeing a couple of Tornados fly over.  The noise was amazing.

I am fairly lucky where I live now as a fan of this sort of thing.  I regularly see Typhoons and F15-Eagles fly over due to the number of airbases in East Anglia, got some 'fairly' good photos of them.  We also get Atlas and Hercules flying over which is impressive along with the odd Chinook and one Apache!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version