collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 364
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Danny's Debut  (Read 3733 times)

Offline Calman

Danny's Debut
« on: February 16, 2019, 10:14:30 PM »
This will be my focus in 2019 ... monitoring how well Danny Ric adjustes to sitting in the Renault.  I'm sure there will be stresses along the way, whether it be the car, the team or team mate, but I sincerely hope that Danny Ric & Hulk have a decent relationship and they can really push each other during the season - with a reliable, competitive car.

https://www.pitpass.com/63905/Ricciardo-makes-Renault-debut

Best Regards,
Cal :)

Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Alonsofan

Re: Danny's Debut
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 07:22:19 AM »
The car looks nice in that picture  :good:
It's definitely in my top 3 this season  :D

Offline Robem64

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 09:19:19 AM »
This will be my focus in 2019 ... monitoring how well Danny Ric adjustes to sitting in the Renault.  I'm sure there will be stresses along the way, whether it be the car, the team or team mate, but I sincerely hope that Danny Ric & Hulk have a decent relationship and they can really push each other during the season - with a reliable, competitive car.

https://www.pitpass.com/63905/Ricciardo-makes-Renault-debut

Best Regards,

Too right. He's the driver we support and we have therefore changed allegiance to Renault this year. To the point, we've sold or are selling all our Red Bull stuff! Time to invest in new gear. Off to pre-season testing on the last day (1st March) in Barcelona - hoping DR might have some time in the car that day.
"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

guest3164

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 09:31:43 AM »
I am curious to see how he performs away from Red Bull, and to see how Hulkenberg performs relatively to him.  I really want to see him challenge at the upper end of the grid. 

As an aside, I would love to go to testing, had planned last year to go this year but the job made that very difficult. 

Offline Calman

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 06:27:04 PM »
I would love to go to testing, had planned last year to go this year but the job made that very difficult.
I can imagine Luke!! .. did they permit you to attend pre-season testing, so long as you could carry a Cathedral on your back??  :o

Best Regards,

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 04:39:49 AM »
What has happened to Christian Horner? In this article he basically accuses Daniel Ricciardo of being a coward. Says he ran to Renault to avoid a fight with Max who has shown more raw speed. ???

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6744861/Red-Bull-F1-boss-accuses-Ricciardo-leaving-Renault-team-mate-rising-star.html
Lonny

Offline Calman

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 08:04:50 AM »
Christian Horner is one of these guys, where sometimes, I think he is a level headed, cheery, easy going guy .... then he goes and spoils it by saying something stupid or something the media can easily get their teeth into.

Maybe Danny Ric can re-in-act a segment out of Days of Thunder (as he climbs all over the back of Mad Max) ... "Remember Me!"  :D

Best Regards,

guest3164

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 08:12:27 AM »
Red Bull gives you Bitterness.

Offline Calman

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2019, 08:14:45 AM »
Red Bull gives you Bitterness.

.. and here was I thinking "Red Bull Gives You Wind!"  :D

Okay, off to bed this time, surely?

Later,

Offline Scott

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2019, 11:34:29 AM »
Shows why DR’s decision to leave the team was the right one.  RBR is poisonous.  Max is already soul-less, so he‘ll probably survive it.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2019, 03:02:27 PM »
Shows why DR’s decision to leave the team was the right one.  RBR is poisonous.  Max is already soul-less, so he‘ll probably survive it.

It's so weird, RBR really cultivated an appearance of 'fun' and 'easy going' compared with 'button down' teams like McLaren, and their predecessor Jaguar.  I know that there's a difference between a facade and how things really work, but still, Red Bull, the brand, can't afford to let things keep unravelling.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2019, 04:21:17 PM »
I realize that Horner is just spouting the official company line. Still, it's a real shame. I thought better of him.

Maybe Danny Ric can re-in-act a segment out of Days of Thunder (as he climbs all over the back of Mad Max) ... "Remember Me!"  :D

The situation between Danny and Max makes me think of a line from one of my favorite racing songs, That's Racin' by The Association:

"Put your wheels where you mouth is, boy."

« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 04:28:51 PM by cosworth151 »
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

guest3164

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2019, 06:09:07 PM »
The problem for Red Bull is that the most 'Red Bull' driver they ever had was Daniel Ricciardo.  He has that wild side they try to peddle, none of their other drivers did. 

This is like some bitter divorce where the really good looking partner left and took the record collection with them, leaving the other with bills to pay. 

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2019, 08:21:50 PM »
This is like some bitter divorce where the really good looking partner left and took the record collection with them, leaving the other with bills to pay.

:DD :DD :DD

Good one, I like it.
Lonny

Offline Calman

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2019, 08:32:37 PM »
Good line indeed Luke!  :good:

I hope Danny didn't teach RBR how to supervise the perfect BBQ (Aussie Style).

Best Regards,

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle