collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 377
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Pre-Season Testing Thread  (Read 11927 times)

Offline Jericoke

Re: Pre-Season Testing Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2019, 03:17:52 PM »
I have a feeling that this could be Ferrari's year!! ... so I hope they don't go "bang"  :o

It would be nice to see McLaren move forward and if a miracle exists, some progress for Williams.

Best Regards,
Cal :)

Let's be honest... a Ferrari run away win will be boring.  (Or Mercedes, or Red Bull)  I hope that if someone has initial success they do stumble. 

Unless it's Alfa.  Kimi winning 21/21 would be the best F1 season ever!

Offline Calman

« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2019, 06:18:35 PM »
Cleary.

All I am saying, is that I have a feeling that Ferrari are better prepared this season and may be able to finally take the challenge to Mercedes.  Nothing can be certain until we see how things unfold in the first few races.   Ultimately, whatever team/driver any of us support, I think we can all agree that closer competition up and down the grid, with unpredictable results - is "good for the show".

Apologies for sounding a bit like "Liberty Media" at the end of that, but you get the idea!!

Best Regards,
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2019, 02:30:25 AM »
Two rumors I have stumbled across. 1) Ferrari has a reliability problem they are dealing with in the run up to OZ. This may have something to do with the suspension collapse on Vettel's car during testing. 2) Honda is redesigning part of their power unit's layout due to overheating issues during testing that they feel are related to packaging. Just throwin' it out there.
Lonny

guest3164

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2019, 08:28:06 AM »
The Honda rumour is more than that, I think I read someone at Honda admit that they are having to alter part of the engine package! 

Online John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2019, 08:51:50 AM »
Sounds like the age old F1 problem, you can run car/engine at the ragged edge....... or you can run reliably.
Getting the two in synch ain't just a question of money - although it helps a lot.  :D
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Monty

« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2019, 09:26:23 AM »
The Honda rumour is more than that, I think I read someone at Honda admit that they are having to alter part of the engine package!

It is true that Honda have said that the "packaging is too aggressive" but this in itself does not mean they have a problem. History has shown that many ICE packages have created cooling problems or stress problems and casings etc. can be quickly and easily modified without a massively negative effect. However, the other rumour is of 'vibration'. Vibration is an engine designers worst fear - it almost always ends in catastrophic failure and I can't see how the 'packaging' could cause vibration. It will be interesting to see if anyone can identify what 'packaging' changes they make.

guest3164

« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2019, 09:28:59 AM »
If it is not a problem or a potential problem, they would not feel the need to alter it though.  After all, you don't fix what ain't broke!

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2019, 03:32:55 PM »
If it is not a problem or a potential problem, they would not feel the need to alter it though.  After all, you don't fix what ain't broke!

You work on enough big projects with enough people, you'll see non broken things changed because someone higher up confused 'radical idea' for 'broken'.

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2019, 05:59:28 PM »
Two rumors I have stumbled across. 1) Ferrari has a reliability problem they are dealing with in the run up to OZ. This may have something to do with the suspension collapse on Vettel's car during testing. 2) Honda is redesigning part of their power unit's layout due to overheating issues during testing that they feel are related to packaging. Just throwin' it out there.

Hopefully rumour 1 is true and not easily fixed hehe. To see Vettel becoming a 5 time world champion would seriously grate. Also that's means I would have screwed up in my Dream Team....Calman....only joking hehe

Offline lkjohnson1950

Lonny

Offline Calman

« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2019, 08:30:53 PM »
Marko is flapping his mouth again. R/B is faster than Mercedes and will win 5 races this year.

https://www.racefans.net/2019/03/08/red-bull-win-five-f1-races-2019-marko/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+f1fanatic+%28RaceFans+-+Independent+Motorsport+Coverage%29

I wish Marko would Flap Off!! ... then we all may enjoy the season without Playground Antics!!!  |-(

Best Regards,

Offline Scott

« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2019, 04:16:48 PM »
He was either drunk or dreaming...
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2019, 05:14:36 PM »
Marko is flapping his mouth again. R/B is faster than Mercedes and will win 5 races this year.

https://www.racefans.net/2019/03/08/red-bull-win-five-f1-races-2019-marko/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+f1fanatic+%28RaceFans+-+Independent+Motorsport+Coverage%29

So Marko didn't watch the 2018 season.  Mercedes did NOT have the fastest car, and still produced a double championship.  They did it through skill, they did it through driving, they did it through head games and they did it through teamwork.  It was an earned championship won on race days, not the drawing board.

If Marko's plan is to have the better car than Mercedes, they're not going to win.  They need the better team.  They need the better drivers.  They need better race days.

They also need the better head games, and that is something that Marko feels like the opposite of.

Offline Calman

« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2019, 07:49:38 PM »
Never mind, I think I read somewhere in the last 24hrs, that Marko has suggested that RBR will win at least 6 races in 2019 (or was it 8) ??  :crazy:

Must go hunt down a suitable link to underline his words!!

Best Regards,

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle