collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 362
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Congratulations Baby cakes  (Read 3093 times)

Offline Alonsofan

Congratulations Baby cakes
« on: February 27, 2019, 11:21:01 AM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/47387060

Congratulations Baby cakes on your new job  :yahoo: :yahoo:
Ambassador,  very snazzy, your biggest fan approves  :good:

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Congratulations Baby cakes
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 01:36:10 PM »
I don't mind the Ambassador role but I hope he stays out of the car at these early tests.

Carlos & Lando need a car engineered to suit them to get maximum from both them & car, but with the best will in the world how are McLaren engineers going to be allowed to dismiss from the race cars any changes 'Baby Cakes' driving style throws up.

Let the young guns have it their way, then at first in-season test get Alonso to validate if there is more speed in the car either as it's set up already - or his way.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 04:11:45 PM »
I suspect that Alonso will get some laps in the car at the next session. They will most likely be as much or more for the publicity value than for any engineering input. Remember, his title is Ambassador, not Advisor.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Calman

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 08:34:35 PM »
.. does this now put him parallel with Sir Bernie's job position?  :D

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 09:11:37 PM »
Can I ask an awkward question (to Alonsofan)?  From your over-expressed love and nick-name for Alonzo, I have always assumed you are a woman - yet for the past while your profile picture has been of a middle aged balding guy...is my assumption wrong? :DntKnw: :o
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Online Dare

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 11:08:45 PM »
If baby cakes wanted to drive the 2019 Mercedes F1 car he shouldn't have retired. He's a distraction for the real drivers
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2019, 06:48:00 AM »
Can I ask an awkward question (to Alonsofan)?  From your over-expressed love and nick-name for Alonzo, I have always assumed you are a woman - yet for the past while your profile picture has been of a middle aged balding guy...is my assumption wrong? :DntKnw: :o

I wouldn't say it was an awkward question Scott, more like irrelevant. Not sure what my gender has to do with this post, or any other. Does it really matter if I am male or female then??
When you join GPW it claims to be the friendliest F1 forum site on the web so maybe Scott, before login on you should remember to drop the handbag and paint on the smile. As I say to my children, "if you don't have anything nice to say, then zip your lip."

Anyway back to the post....
I think a lot of people confuse advice with criticism.

It could well be a publicity stunt. Or maybe, just to throw it out there, are McLaren having doubts about their driver line up this season or missing feedback from them? Both drivers seem able to put in a quick lap, but maybe as a rookie Norris is still learning how to provide feedback for the engineers. Fernando, with all his experience, is a source of information that any team would love to tap in to.

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2019, 11:38:46 AM »
No offense meant, just trying to figure out your current profile picture.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle